Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Layered navigation giving non-SEO links? 

Netismine

Total Posts:  174

Hi,

I have v1.2.1.2 and have noticed that my layered navigation is not giving SEO links, but the old , GET links (not www.example.com/category but rather www.example.com/?p=2 )

It then affects breadcrumbs and sibling category listing in layered navigation. does anyone know what’s the deal?

Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

3mushrooms

Total Posts:  12

I know, its pretty retarded..... how hard would it be to of just do it correct in the first place.  I can live with the pricing range being ?=xxxxx but not the categories....  cause like you stated, messed up the breadcrumb and if the category has a description, well there is none.  Plus if you have site map on, then there will be the SEO links as well so google will index both so you got to throw up a nofollow on the layered links.

Possibly you could mod the template file before breadcrumbs of some sort to read current category and set it in proper spot to at least make the bread crumbs, category name and description work properly.... you would think this is fundamental to the system.  i guess not....

damn open source..... smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

Netismine

Total Posts:  174

I’ve solved the categories problem by manuallu building category listings by using the object of current category and writing something like $_category->getParentCategory()->getChildCategories() and then spining the result through foreach loop and using the getUrl() and getName() methods. If you know the structure of your categories you can use these methods to fetch siblings, children categories, siblings of parent category.. but you have to have clearly defined category structure and sometimes that is not the case

Magento Community
Magento Community

3mushrooms

Total Posts:  12

Did you do that to the layered navigation?  i mean, i know how to do it, but it seems like with the layered it is a bit more complex, especially if you’re in a category, it will have to hide the one your also already inside of and who knows what else, like filtering out the categories itself from initial listing.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Adjustware
Guru

Total Posts:  654

New plugin, Layered Navigation Pro, solves issue with the category urls.

Magento Community
Magento Community

magentixfr

Total Posts:  15
Lille, France

You can now customize the url rewrite with extension Filters Url Rewriting

It is possible to associate an option to key by store. Extension provides a Url SEO friendly.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

Total Posts:  3988

The Improved Navigation fixes this bug of the Magento and shows only SEO friendly category URLs in the layered navigation block, as well as produce clean urls for attributes like /shopby/canon.html

Magento Community
Magento Community

EcommerceTeam

Total Posts:  3
United Kingdom

Hi,

Please take a look at our Seo Layered Navigaion extension, it gives you seo-friendly urls and auto-generated meta tags.

Magento Community
Magento Community

MANAdev

Total Posts:  18
Worldwide

New high-quality extension SEO Layered Navigation Plus is definitely worth a try.

Magento Community
Magento Community

magework

Total Posts:  58

Please check the link below and i hope you will get your answer

Mage::Works

for more customization post your comment there.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Theodore Doan

Total Posts:  26
Hanoi, Vietnam

Another valuable option for you guys to choose a SEO layered navigation for your websites is our “SEO Layered Navigation”:

http://www.magento-service.com/extensions/seo-layered-navigation.html

Please have a look on its demo at:

- Category page: http://demo.extension4u.com/apparel.html
- Search results page: http://demo.extension4u.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=a

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mirasvit
Guru

Total Posts:  639

Check this extension http://mirasvit.com/magento-extensions/advanced-seo-suite.html . It makes layred nagation URLs SEO-friendly. Like /electronics/computers/laptops/sony.html. There is a demo demo

Also it allows you to optimize the specific categories and product groups for specific search terms on a template, which will greatly improve the performance of your store in search engines (Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc).

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mirasvit
Guru

Total Posts:  639

Hi,
You can solve this problem if are using ready SEO extension. Example, like it: http://mirasvit.com/magento-extensions/advanced-seo-suite.html. Extension greatly expands the standard features of CMS for seo optimization.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community