Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

extensions installation

ivoired

Total Posts:  1

i am in trouble! I cannot install the french extension of magento. I think an error occurs. here is the message:
Warning: popen() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/ebizsbiz/public_html/magento/downloader/pearlib/php/OS/Guess.php on line 247
Backtrace:

#0 [internal function]: mageCoreErrorHandler(2, ‘popen() has bee...’, ‘/home/ebizsbiz/...’, 247, Array)
#1 /home/ebizsbiz/public_html/magento/downloader/pearlib/php/OS/Guess.php(247): popen(’/usr/bin/cpp /t...’, ‘r’)
#2 /home/ebizsbiz/public_html/magento/downloader/pearlib/php/OS/Guess.php(159): OS_Guess->_detectGlibcVersion()
#3 /home/ebizsbiz/public_html/magento/downloader/pearlib/php/OS/Guess.php(114): OS_Guess->parseSignature(NULL)
#4 /home/ebizsbiz/public_html/magento/downloader/pearlib/php/PEAR/Dependency2.php(105): OS_Guess->OS_Guess()
#5 /home/ebizsbiz/public_html/magento/downloader/pearlib/php/PEAR/Downloader.php(259): PEAR_Dependency2->PEAR_Dependency2(Object(PEAR_Config), Array, Array, 4)
#6 /home/ebizsbiz/public_html/magento/downloader/pearlib/php/PEAR/Downloader.php(501): PEAR_Downloader->getDependency2Object(Object(PEAR_Config), Array, Array, 4)
#7 /home/ebizsbiz/public_html/magento/downloader/pearlib/php/PEAR/Downloader.php(409): PEAR_Downloader->analyzeDependencies(Array)
#8 /home/ebizsbiz/public_html/magento/downloader/pearlib/php/PEAR/Command/Install.php(629): PEAR_Downloader->download(Array)
#9 /home/ebizsbiz/public_html/magento/downloader/pearlib/php/PEAR/Command/Common.php(285): PEAR_Command_Install->doInstall(’install’, Array, Array)
#10 /home/ebizsbiz/public_html/magento/downloader/Maged/Pear.php(234): PEAR_Command_Common->run(’install’, Array, Array)
#11 /home/ebizsbiz/public_html/magento/downloader/Maged/Pear.php(301): Maged_Pear->run(’install’, Array, Array)
#12 /home/ebizsbiz/public_html/magento/downloader/Maged/Model/Pear.php(245): Maged_Pear->runHtmlConsole(Array)
#13 /home/ebizsbiz/public_html/magento/downloader/Maged/Controller.php(128): Maged_Model_Pear->installPackage(’magento-communi...’)
#14 /home/ebizsbiz/public_html/magento/downloader/Maged/Controller.php(350): Maged_Controller->pearInstallPackagePostAction()
#15 /home/ebizsbiz/public_html/magento/downloader/Maged/Controller.php(170): Maged_Controller->dispatch()
#16 /home/ebizsbiz/public_html/magento/downloader/index.php(35): Maged_Controller::run()
#17 {main}

i really don’t understand. It seems i don’t made the configuration correctly. Could anybody help me?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Sindre|ProperHost
Mentor

Total Posts:  1158

The problem is that the PHP popen() function has been disabled on your server. If you operate your own server, you can enable it by removing the function from the ‘disable_functions’ directive in your php.ini configuration file. If you are on a hosted server, you may ask your hosting provider to enable it for you. popen() is necessary to run Magento Connect.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community