Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

No access to backend

Yudi

Total Posts:  51

After installing, I just can’t access the backend - “Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage”. So I checked the error log - which is lengthy like anything, and here is the end of the log:
[client 87.69.104.154] File does not exist: /var/www/html/skin/install/default/default/css/menu.css, referer: http://www.friedmansgifts.com/index.php/install/wizard/end/
[Wed Feb 20 10:05:43 2008] [error] [client 87.69.104.154] File does not exist: /var/www/html/skin/install/default/default/css/print.css, referer: http://www.friedmansgifts.com/index.php/install/wizard/end/
[Wed Feb 20 10:05:43 2008] [error] [client 87.69.104.154] File does not exist: /var/www/html/skin/install/default/default/images/body_bg.gif, referer: http://www.friedmansgifts.com/index.php/install/wizard/end/
[Wed Feb 20 10:06:01 2008] [error] [client 87.69.104.154] File does not exist: /var/www/html/skin/install/default/default/css/menu.css
[Wed Feb 20 10:06:02 2008] [error] [client 87.69.104.154] File does not exist: /var/www/html/skin/install/default/default/css/print.css
[Wed Feb 20 10:06:07 2008] [error] [client 87.69.104.154] File does not exist: /var/www/html/skin/install/default/default/css/menu.css
[Wed Feb 20 10:06:08 2008] [error] [client 87.69.104.154] File does not exist: /var/www/html/skin/install/default/default/css/print.css
Any suggestions (it’s chinese to me)? rolleyes

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Airforce111

Total Posts:  100

Reupload all directories and files within the directory /magento/skin/install/default/default

Best,
Mike

PS: If you’re using FTP and it doesn’t do automatic ASCII/Binary itself, then images are uploaded in Binary and CSS files in ASCII.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Bill007

Total Posts:  179
New Zealand

Yep you have missing files just do as Airforce111 suggests you will almost always find the answer in the error rendered to your browser

Magento Community
Magento Community

Yudi

Actually, I did just that. Made no difference. I’m just going to cancel that hosting account and go with nexcess.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Bill007

Total Posts:  179
New Zealand

That could be a bit drastic..

I only just picked up that you have given the last part of the logs

show us the begining of the log

This is where the most evidence is all the other errors are caused by the first

The Begining Of the log is what we need

Magento Community
Magento Community

Yudi

I sent you a private message. The error log is too lengthy to post here.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jjcapri

Total Posts:  15

I’m in the middle of trying to do this on lunarpages myself.

I just started though…

got the files uploaded and then try to go to it and get some IE error. same one everyone else gets when they first do this…

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community