Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Unable to upload product image

sambamu

Total Posts:  5

I tried to upload a product image but the system do not let me upload the image. Can someone help me out that what should I do to fix this problem.

Image Attachments
123.png

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

pdatoon

Total Posts:  107

looks like a permissions errors in your media folder?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Poltex

Total Posts:  14

Same problem here.
No problem with the folder permission. Everything is set to 777
I’ve check the other thread regarding the Flash Player compatibility, tried them, still no result for me.
Try it with different browser, using different computer, still the same.

The only possibilities is it either the server configuration or the magento system configuration. which I can’t tell much since I use shared hosting.

The only clue is when the error occurred, the magento admin system log me off (u can tell by refreshing the page). Using IE after the upload process (which is error), IE pops dialog that is fill in with the admin log-in screen html code. (attached)

This is weird actually since the day before I can upload just fine under my old installation, I migrate the server, do reinstallation, still get the upload working on the new server in the morning, but then this error came out of nowhere at night.

Image Attachments
IE_error.jpg

Magento Community
Magento Community

WanamakerMedia

Total Posts:  3

I have this same exact issue ... any ideas?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Hypergrip

Total Posts:  15

Similar problem here. I can select the file to upload but pressing “Upload” doesn’t do anything. I don’t get any error message whatsoever. Tried different browsers, updated to the latest flash player… file/directory permisions are fine…

Magento Community
Magento Community

WanamakerMedia

Hopefully this helps someone as it did for me. I contacted our host regarding the issue (we have a dedicated solution) and asked them to check the logs pertaining to the domain which is hosting Magento. This was their response ...

The useragent string was being blocked by modsecurity

Magento Community
Magento Community

Poltex

Then probably the solution is as discuss in : http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/4980/P30/

need to commented out
#SecRule HTTP_User-Agent “^Shockwave Flash”
from the mod_security configuration

It’s quite common on the shared server to do this, since this method of access can be exploited by the hackers.
I think the magento team should provide different ways to deal with this matter in the future.

The problem is I still haven’t get permission from the server administrator on this matter yet >.<

Magento Community
Magento Community

Hypergrip

Total Posts:  15

If mod_security was the problem, how does that explain that uploading images worked fine for some time and now it doesn’t? Server configuration hasn’t changed, only magento has been changed (by installing a module via Magento Connect)

Magento Community
Magento Community

Poltex

i had no idea my self, probably the administator just change the configuration at the same time as we update the module? or previously the module can manage to get a way around, not get detected, but the update don’t ??

I simply had no idea. need to explore the code deep down further.

Magento Community
Magento Community

gnum

Total Posts:  38

I have maybe similar problem. Maybe not.

When i am trying to upload image using FireFox (Flash player 10), it is saving file to /media/tmp/catalog/product
But it is not saving file to /media/catalog/product (it is creating folders from 2 first letters of filename, but folder is empty)

When i am trying to upload file using IE and Flash player 9 it is show me 100% and than just showing filename on yellow background. And stops

Can anybody advice how this problem can be fixed? I am using magento 1.2.1 with IIS

Magento Community
Magento Community

roshangmail

Total Posts:  29

same problem here as poltex anybody can you please provide help

Magento Community
Magento Community

dave_psm

Hello,
I had the same problem and I solved this by installing no-flash-uploader extension that disables the loading of images using flash.

Magento Community
Magento Community

serks

Total Posts:  51

i know this is an old thread but i just had the same problem as the initial post in this thread with the screen shot.
I tried the php.ini / magic quotes thing to no avail....then I discovered that its because of prototype.js

i got a newer version of prototype.js to get a lightbox working a few days ago and thought it would be ok

then today, tried to add a product and it didn’t let me upload images.

so i reverted to the older prototype.js, cleared browser cache, and it worked!

hope this helps someone smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

SentientMatter

Total Posts:  9

dave_psm - 06 November 2009 07:56 AM

Hello,
I had the same problem and I solved this by installing no-flash-uploader extension that disables the loading of images using flash.

This didn’t work for me, get the same ‘File not Uploaded’ and it shows the path as ‘C:\fakepath\fooimage.jpg’

Magento Community
Magento Community

elfling
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  901

Found this to be module related. After disabling modules, I found an older AheadWorks module AW_Mobile, which overwrote the following was causing problems for Firefox.

It was version 1.3 of the module,so slightly out dated these days.

<core>
                <
rewrite>
                    <
design_package>MODULE_OVERWRITE</design_package>
                </
rewrite>
            </
core>

So, I’d also suggest looking for modules that do a core overwrite like this.

Module was being used on Mage 1.7. Have since corrected the problem in the overwrote file.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community