Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 3
Contact form is not working … but all other emails are ok. 

lsitt

Total Posts:  28

@ robyng,
Thanks - that magic worked for me!
I’m using Magento ver 1.3.2.3

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

ph23man

Total Posts:  14

I’m having the problem where the contact form doesn’t work if the recipient email address is the same domain as the store. But if I change the contact form recipient to another domain, it works fine.

All my contact form settings are correct and I know for certain this used to work. Transactional email still work fine, it’s only the contact form that’s not working. It keeps displaying this error:

“Unable to submit your request. Please, try again later”

Even when I try Send to Friend and send to the same domain as my site, that works as well. For the life of me, I cannot understand what’s preventing the contact form from working.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Andy Bala

Total Posts:  11

@robyng,
Your solution of changing the form action to “http://www.domainname.com/contacts/index/post” worked like a charm. Thank you very much, this issue has been troubling me for quite some time.

@pollence,
I’m not sure if you have solved the issues, but here are my suggestions.

I too have my page as “contact-us” instead of “contacts”. What I did was to use Rewrite URL Management and ensured that I redirected the resultant page back to my contact us page. And as for your problem on using single quotes on

{{block type='core/template' name='contactForm' template='contacts/form.phtml'}}
Try copying the code from above (I have put them inside the code tags) because the quotes that were pasted are different from the single quotes that is actually supposed to be there. I checked it up myself and found that they were different.

Hope it helps.

Best,

Andy

Magento Community
Magento Community

catoctin

Total Posts:  5

ph23man - 23 September 2009 09:57 AM

I’m having the problem where the contact form doesn’t work if the recipient email address is the same domain as the store. But if I change the contact form recipient to another domain, it works fine.

All my contact form settings are correct and I know for certain this used to work. Transactional email still work fine, it’s only the contact form that’s not working. It keeps displaying this error:

“Unable to submit your request. Please, try again later”

Even when I try Send to Friend and send to the same domain as my site, that works as well. For the life of me, I cannot understand what’s preventing the contact form from working.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Your email host is probably blocking the messages because the “From” field is an email address on your domain but the server sending the messages is external. Email hosts block messages submitted from external servers using domain email addresses because it is commonly used by spammers. You need to have your email host whitelist your Magento site’s IP address to allow the messages through.

Scott

Magento Community
Magento Community

catoctin

Total Posts:  5

Another possibility if you use separate web hosting and email hosting is that your web host thinks it is your email host when it’s not. If email is going from example.com to example.com it never leaves the server, it just goes into the mailbox on your web host side (or into oblivion). If it is going to an external domain it will work fine though.

If you are using SiteWorx you can turn this off under Administration > Mail Options > Remote Setup. Set “Local Delivery Status” to Disabled.

Scott

Magento Community
Magento Community

ph23man

Total Posts:  14

Thanks Scott for replying - it’s pretty rare these days on this forum. I think you hit the problem right on the dot.

I implemented a more robust contact form script anyway to workaround this issue.

The site is indeed using Siteworx based hosting. The domain uses an external mail server and I also modified Magento to send transactional emails via SMTP (to take advantage of the domain’s SPF record). So I had to create an email account in Siteworx and in order to even do this, local mail delivery had to be enabled.

It’s disabled now (which removes Siteworx links to manage email accounts) but it appears the email account I added is still there, just not visible through Siteworx.

Hopefully this helps anyone else who runs into this problem.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Gunner12

Total Posts:  1

The instruction to view the Page Source of a page is different for each browser.  In Firefox you can right click on the page and select View Page Source.

Regards

Gunner

___
dossier surendettement

Magento Community
Magento Community

alexcoloma

Total Posts:  12

<form action="<?php echo Mage::getUrl(); ?>contacts/index/post/” id="contactForm" method="post">

works for me.

Magento Community
Magento Community

hillzzz

Total Posts:  8
Southampton UK

I found that the contact form in the Theme I was using purchased from a magento template site was not working under magento 1.4.01 . It gave the error “sorry were unable to submit your request please try again later”

I found that the Modern themes contact form did work. The Modern theme uses the contact form in the Base Directory

app/design/frontend/base/default/templates/contacts/form.phtml

This worked fine. So I examined the non-working form from my theme against the working modern one.

The critical lines is this around Lines 65 or 66

<input type="text" name="hideit" id="hideit" value="” style="display:none !important;” />

This section is just above the </form> tag at the bottom of the file.

I edited my themes contacts file and added the line above after the last

occurance of <p class="required"><?php echo Mage::helper('contacts')->__('* Required Fields') ?></p>

and immediately before the last <input type= [this bit is the submit button css statement or submit button image url and it differs from theme to theme] you will need to examine the code from your themes contact form to work out where the submit button statement is to match the code from the modern contact theme

when I inserted <input type="text" name="hideit" id="hideit" value="” style="display:none !important;” />

in the correct place it worked.

Hope that helps someone.

Hillary

Magento Community
Magento Community

pglock

Total Posts:  30
Princes Risborough, UK

I have the same symptoms in contact form.

So far have checked that app/design/frontend/default/MY-TEMPLATE/template/contacts/form.phtml is the same as the one in base and tried commenting out the error checking in app/code/core/Mage/Contacts/controllers/IndexController.php but still get the “Unable to submit your request. Please, try again later” error.

All other email functionality is working, anything else I can do?

Magento Community
Magento Community

digital-flare

Total Posts:  3

*bump

I’m having the exact same issues as “ pglock”. All my other forms (orders, invoices, shipping, etc.) are working perfectly fine. However, on the “Contact Us” form it generates the following error:

"Unable to submit your request. Please, try again later"

I am using a custom template but haven’t noticed any anomalies in the code that would suggest an improperly written form.

Magento Community
Magento Community

digital-flare

Alright....got the contact form to work correctly now. Here was my solution to the problem:

Turns out the custom form included with the template I purchased was coded for earlier versions of Magento (let the fist pounding begin). I realized this after I copied the default “form.phtml” from the default magento folder (app/design/frontend/base/default/template/contacts) and uploaded it to my purchased templates contacts form folder (app/design/frontend/blank/mytheme/template/contacts). Once I uploaded the default Magento ”form.phtml” everything worked perfectly...thus I realized it had everything to do with the purchased template’s ”form.phtml” file.

So...what was my solution (easy turbo...I’m getting there...just be patient!)

The only work around I found was to copy the default Magento ”form.phtml” and begin the laborious process of “copy->paste” the purchased template’s “div” and “style” tags into the default Magento’s ”form.phtml” file. While I wish I could say that I was able to pinpoint the problem down to just one area of failure...I didn’t have (should say...didn’t take) the time to exactly pinpoint the problem. Thus my solution to my problem was reformatting the purchased template’s ”form.phtml” (man I’m tired of typing that out!) and uploading it back to the FTP server.

Hope this helps you out...and PM me if you’re in dire need of assistance or simply want to give me cash! Cha ching!

Magento Community
Magento Community

rjfalcon

Total Posts:  7

My problem was:
The form did show, but when I pressed send. nothing happened.
I have a newer theme installed, but when I checked it, the contacts folder that was in the app/design/frontend/base/default/template directory, it wasn’t in my theme’s dir. which is app/design/frontend/silver/boldfashion/template

I copied the entire contacts folder from app/design/frontend/base/default/template/ to my own templates folder.

works like a charm now.

Magento Community
Magento Community

makotokoganicom

Total Posts:  26

I tried everything thats written in this thread but still my contact form doesn´t work.

It seems like my server uses some kind of spam filter and blocks emails from contact form.

Does anyone know how to solve this?

Magento Community
Magento Community

jadwigo

If it’s still not working you might be missing a defautl template for this form.. for me at least

If you go to system > transactional emails in the admin there should be a template for your contact form.
If not you can create one.

The default would be something like:

<!--@subject Contact Form@--> 
Name{{var data.name}} 
E
-mail{{var data.email}} 
Telephone
{{var data.telephone}} 
Comment
{{var data.comment}}

After creating a template go to system > configuration > contacts > email options and select the created template

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 3