Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Redirect Loop on Multistore Setup

AlejandroCCS

Total Posts:  8

I need some help trying to configure my multiple Website, Stores system: This is the Setup:

www.homedomain.com (Here is Magento Installed in ‘public_html/magento’)

www.firstdomain.com (this domain is supposed to run a root category; it is an Addon Domain in www.homedomain.com, folder name: ‘public_html/firstdomain’)

www.secondomain.com (this domain is supposed to run another root category; it is an Addon Domain in www.homedomain.com, folder name: ‘public_html/seconddomain’)

I’ve done all steps that are shoew in this guide: http://www.crucialwebhost.com/blog/how-to-setup-multiple-magento-stores/#addon-domain-method

But I get the following error when trying to access www.firstdomain.com or www.secondomain.com:

Redirect Loop and the address bar shows www.firstdomain.com/404/

Any help would be very appreciate it.

Also I’m using hostgator reseller plan, I haven’t been able to set the following symbolic links:

* ln -s ../public_html/app/ ./app
* ln -s ../public_html/js/ ./js
* ln -s ../public_html/media/ ./media
* ln -s ../public_html/skin/ ./skin
* ln -s ../public_html/var/ ./var

I don’t have ssh access, any other Idea to achieve this, thanks in advance

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Shahil

Total Posts:  36

If you don’t have SSH, you can use PHP to create the symbolic links.

You need to make a file in the directory for your addon/subdomain and run that by opening it up in a browser.

<?php
symlink('/home/username/public_html/app/', './app/');
symlink('/home/username/public_html/js/', './js/');
symlink('/home/username/public_html/media/', './media/');
symlink('/home/username/public_html/skin/', './skin/');
symlink('/home/username/public_html/var/', './var/');
?>

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community