Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Product Details in Category View

Sonja

Total Posts:  8

Hi,

my store sells configurable products with custom options. I would like to include those dropdowns in the Category View so the customer can add the product directly to the shopping cart, without having to go through the Product View.

Simply customizing the Catalog.xml does not seem to do the trick. I can neither include product/view.phtml nor any of the sub-blocks. I made a local copy of both category and product view.php and deleted the breadcrumbs functions, since I am not using breadcrumbs anyway. That did get rid of the php-error that I was getting, but nothing else worked either.

I am confident that there is only some function in the core missing that would make it all work. Unfortunately, I am not that strong of a coder to get it to work.

Any hints and help will be appreciated.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Sonja

So I am thinking I could maybe include the Product View in the Category view. Basically I want to get an array of all products and then call their Product Views via a foreach loop. Is that somehow possible?

This feature will be of huge importance to my store.
Please help!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sonja

I have decided that I should maybe make a feature request out of this issue since there seem to be more people looking for this. How can I do that?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community