Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Navigation Bar administrator (Menu Extension) - Can’t get it to work

Ethan Hunt

Total Posts:  23

Navigation Bar administrator (Menu Extension) - Can’t get it to work!!!!!!

I have installed a fresh copy of latest magento version.
Installed the sample data before doing the above.
Then installed this plugin, made the changes as prompted on the Extensions overview page :
http://www.magentocommerce.com/extension/657/navigation-bar-administrator
Got the Navigation bar menu under the CMS menu in admin.
Added new menu items under it.
But nothing shows up on front page.
Anything else required?
Please help!!!!!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Periculi

Total Posts:  249

I installed this extension and ran into a couple of problems, first and foremost was that the install instructions didn’t seem to work on a 1.2 magento, at least for me.  A few pages down in the reviews for the module I found a different method and then things suddenly started working great when I used just this -

<?php $aux Mage::app()->getStore(true)->getId(); echo $this->helper('navadmin/data')->drawItem($aux); ?>
- where I wanted the navadmin links to render.

In the install I am using, I put that in the top.phtml of template/catalog/navigation, which places the navadmin items after the catalog links.

You can put that line of code anywhere you want the buttons to be, but they expect to be wrapped in a <ul>.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community