Magento Forum

Tyre products, sizes and specifications

Web Concepts

Total Posts:  2

Hi, I’m looking into using Magento for a tyre (tire for those of you in the US) distributors web site. The nature of tyre products is a bit different from others and hence I’m struggling to find any info which suggests that what we need to do is possible with Magento, let me explain…

An individual tyre product can come in several sizes, and each size will have it’s own set of specifications (rim size, load rating, overall diameter etc.). So what we need is to be able to enter all the different sizes for each product and a table of their specifications for each of those sizes. And then we need to be able to search for all tyres which come in a specific size.

Any info you could provide on how this might be achieved would be most appreciated, Thanks.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

fegizii

Total Posts:  160

Hi,

I have gone though the same issue dealing with rims.

One approach is to set categories for vehicle make, model and year. This for example will let the customer search for: Ford/Mustang/2004

Once you are in that category you can use product attributes to navigate though rim diameters, width, etc.

Another approach is to create a number of categories, Width, Load, Rim Diameter etc with child elements like-

Width:

Rim Diam:

And then assign each product to the corresponding categories: Width 205 + Rim Diam 16 for example.

Hope this helps a little bit…

Magento Community
Magento Community

Web Concepts

Total Posts:  2

Thanks. It’s not an ideal solution, but i’ll see if I can work something out.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community