Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Methods To Speed Up Magento - A Guide To Making Magento Faster

fmalepla

Total Posts:  1

stujava - 19 January 2010 06:30 AM

Hi
Can anyone have a look at my site http://www.discountcoffee.ie/ and give me some idea as to why its so slow, I get a good score with YSlow
but the pages just take so long to load and the add to cart is unworkable any help would be great
stuart

You can see your timeline here http://gtmetrix.com/reports/www.discountcoffee.ie/z0GE0jZ9 this is a great tool to see what’s happening.

By the way, I don´t know how to solve the leverage browsing cache issue, setting expire headers. If anyone has any idea my site is http://www.extrememachines.com.ar/store

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Seven Codes

Total Posts:  13

Hii All,

here is helpful link

http://www.gxjansen.com/101-ways-to-speed-up-your-magento-e-commerce-website/

enjoy grin

Magento Community
Magento Community

manoi

Total Posts:  16

Has Anyone tried NGINX+Varnish+Eaccelerator+magneto community 1.6.2? 

Do these work well together?

Magento Community
Magento Community

polyakov

Total Posts:  13

manoi - 10 April 2012 05:01 PM

I’m using such config except for apc instead of eaccelerator. Works with no problems (I feel there’s some room for improvement in MySql setup but that’s another thing).
Varnish works really amazing. Huge difference.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ArtArtArt

Total Posts:  166

Several recommendations for optimizing Magento
Magento advanced caching system

Magento Community
Magento Community

Extendware

Total Posts:  231

A solid Full page cache solution can help a slow server. However, that is only half the equation. You will also need something like Site Optimizer / Speedster in order to optimize bandwidth, latency of request resources, browser caching, etc

Magento Community
Magento Community

rsskga

Total Posts:  30
San Francisco

polyakov - 17 April 2012 08:50 AM

manoi - 10 April 2012 05:01 PM

I’m using such config except for apc instead of eaccelerator. Works with no problems (I feel there’s some room for improvement in MySql setup but that’s another thing).
Varnish works really amazing. Huge difference.

I’m in the process of migrating to a server using this configuration with APC and memcache. Getting varnish to work with SSL was a bit tricky, and I’m still working on further optimizations since a visitor who moves from a varnish page to a cookied non-varnish page (i.e. after they’ve put an item in their cart) will experience a massive increase in page load time. I’m also a bit worried about the overall server stability since I have been dealing with various 500-level server errors (some triggered by varnish, some by nginx, some by php timeout settings).

I’m looking at all kinds of things right now… using xdebug and webgrind to profile php functions, looking at the mysql slow query log (though while using 1 second as the long_query_time nothing is being logged except non-indexed queries)… but unsure where to apply additional performance efforts at this point.

Magento Community
Magento Community

gloopy

Total Posts:  10

We have NGINX + Percona + varnish + APC + Memcache + Ultimento = under 1 sec page load times on 1.7 smile

checked in pingdom tools we are getting 719ms

but would fooman speedster + compilation enabled actually work on this setup ??

site is http://www.gloopy.co.uk

Image Attachments
Screen shot 2012-06-21 at 21.14.40.png

Magento Community
Magento Community

coolbeanbags

Total Posts:  2

thanks for the detailed information....you guys Rock..

Magento Community
Magento Community

Xedios

Total Posts:  42
Lancaster, PA

Very concise and detailed tips. Might be a little over the top for average users to implement, but good stuff here!

Magento Community
Magento Community

miguel sommer

Total Posts:  9

Hi there,

i have a problem regarding the varnish cache. I hope someone can help us.....

Varnish is running and it´s great but we have a problem with our breadcrumb and our function \"previous next\”. When the user goes to a product, the breadcrumb only shoes the name of the product but not the hole path. The function \"previous next\” doesn´t work, too.

Out site: http://www.mitaso-bike.de

Can someone help us?

kind regards

Miguel

Magento Community
Magento Community

RobKK

Total Posts:  56

A quick post about using some in-built magento features and how they speed up the delivery of the homepage here:

http://www.crearegroup-ecommerce.co.uk/blog/magento-seo/magento-load-speed-comparison.php

Mainly using compilation, cache, merging of js/css and a few htaccess tweaks

Magento Community
Magento Community

Extendware

Total Posts:  231

For merging and minifying JS / CSS / HTML, the only solution to use is Site Optimizer

Never use the built-in merge functionality that comes with Magento. Either don’t use merging or use Site Optimizer. The way the default merging is done will reduce the speed of your whole site. If you only test one page on your site it might appear to work. However, users do not go to one page. They go to your home page, your catalog page, your product page. The default merging will require users to redownload javascript when changing page types. This is provable by recording the JS / CSS urls as you change page types (home page -> product page).

Check out all of our Magento performance extensions

Magento Community
Magento Community

Ben_83

Total Posts:  16

Hello.
Magento is a nice solution but it requires serious hosting environment. So, before starting any improvements it’s important to make sure that you use appropriate hosting.
As to improving performance a nice thing to do may be implementing a CDN. Moreover, there are some free solutions that will help you to do this.
Here is a good article with some extra tips on how to improve Magento performance http://www.shopping-cart-migration.com/blog/42-magento/7840-how-to-improve-your-magento

Magento Community
Magento Community

magento2x

Total Posts:  57

Don’t need to speed up 100%, you need to do some easy steps only. Let ‘s check this article instruction for Speed Up Magento in easy steps

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community