Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Personalized Product - Simple or Configured or ???? 

Narmin

Total Posts:  3

What is the best way to do this??

I have a blue hat that I want to sell as 4 different products - BUT the inventory is managed for this one hat.
1. The hat by itself - a simple blue hat
2. The blue hat with a NAME monogram (customer gets to select font and thread color and provides the name to be monogrammed)
3. The blue hat with an initial monogram (customer get to select font and thread color and provides the initial to be monogrammed)
4. The blue hat with a name and initial (customer gets to select the font for the name, the font of the initial, the thread color for the name and the thread color for the initial and then provides the name and the initial)

So what is the best way for me to set this up.

I have figured out that I need to create a simple product for the blue hat - because this my inventory.

Past that - I am having trouble figuring out how to create the additional 3 products while drawing from the same inventory pool.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community