Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

jTip and Attributes

mwehrly

Total Posts:  22
U.S.A

Good Afternoon All.

I am trying to figure out the best way to add jTip to attributes.  I would like to use the external page feature of jTip.  The goal would be that I could use pages created in the CMS within jTip to explain the attributes. 

I am thinking this can be done with a switch statement in the product page, but I am usure of the best way to code this.  Any clues?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Matt

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

mwehrly

Total Posts:  22
U.S.A

Well, maybe someone can help me out.  In app/design/frontend/default/mytemplate/template/catalog/product/view/attributes.phtml the default code is

<tr>
        <
td class="label"><?php echo $this->__($_data['label']?></td>
        <
td class="data"><?php echo $_helper->productAttribute($_product$_data['value']$_data['code']?></td>
    </
tr>
and I am adding jTip support.  My reasoning for using jTip is the ability to load the tips based on CMS pages created in the Admin
<tr>
        <
td class="label"><?php echo $this->__($_data['label']?></td>
        <
td class="data"><?php echo $_helper->productAttribute($_product$_data['value']$_data['code']?>

<a href="storeurl/help_<?php echo $this->__($_data['code']) ?>_<?php echo $_helper->productAttribute($_product$_data['value'], $_data['code']) ?>" class="jTip" id="<?php echo $this->__($_data['label']) ?>">?</a
</
td>
</
tr>

I have changed the original jTip.js file due to conflicts with prototype.  I changed the $ in the file to $j.  (please see attached files)

I have added the following to app/design/frontend/default/mytemplate/layout/page.xml

<action method="addJs"><script>jquery/jquery-1.2.6.noConflict.min.js</script></action>

In app/design/frontend/default/mytemplate/page/html/head.phtml I have added the following to the bottom of the page

<script type="text/javascript">  // <![CDATA[ 
var $j jQuery.noConflict(); 
// ]]> </script> 
<script type="text/javascript" src="storeurl/js/jtip/jtip.js"></script>

It is showing the proper url when the ? is moused over, but it doesn’t load the url as a tooltip.  I cannot figure out what is going on.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Matt

File Attachments
jtip.js  (File Size: 4KB - Downloads: 60)
jtip-original.js  (File Size: 4KB - Downloads: 52)

Magento Community
Magento Community

kaamiljj

Total Posts:  125
Kapaa

I’m totally with you, but again stuck. Temporarily I created a text-area attribute called “Interesting facts” and this attribute is loaded in additional information tab.

I’m using the greybox script and my sample attribute value looks like this:

<a href="http://www.jewelofthelotus.com/glossary/lingam.htm" title="Interesting facts about Lingams” rel="gb_page_center[500, 500]">click here to learn more</a>

When customer clicks on it it will open a pop-up window with the content of lingam.htm. Not very clever since I have to edit that attribute for all the products where I want to show interesting facts, but I haven’t figure out (I mean I have logically, but not technically) the solution yet.

Ideally you’d have a separate tab called let’s say Interesting facts, where depending on the product label it would load appropriate content.

Magento Community
Magento Community

tom1801

Total Posts:  13
KA, Germany

Hey Matt,
that’s really a great idea. did you already solve your problem?

Magento Community
Magento Community

ak999

Total Posts:  18

It’s good idea
I’ll try!

<script src="js/jtip.js" type="text/javascript\"></script>

Magento Community
Magento Community

ak999

It’s good idea
I’ll try!

<script src="js/jtip.js" type="text/javascript\"></script>

Magento Community
Magento Community

lbeetles

Total Posts:  66

Hi did you find a solution for this??

If so could you please state all the details how you did it and what pages you edited.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ggchamp

Total Posts:  153

I used this script for my products http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex16/showhint.htm
Lemme know if this is what you looking for ill explain how i added it.
Click on the ‘Next’ button here http://www.thepromohut.com/drinkware/koozies/folding-foam-can-cooler.html
You will see the tip next to all the options [?].

Magento Community
Magento Community

ak999

ggchamp, hi

I try your suggestion just now,it’s OK! It work but I have a problem

I have add a link in the tip content, but when I onmouse the “?"sign ,the tip display, mouseout “?” sign it disappear.
I cannot click on my link in the tip content.

how to solve it?

thanks!

Max

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community