Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Redirect to home page from shopping cart

S. Bob

Total Posts:  3

Whenever one of the buttons in the “ESTIMATE SHIPPING AND TAX” box is selected, “Get a Quote” or “Update Total”, the user is redirected to the store home page. When the user returns to the cart, the Quote or the Update has been done correctly, it just sent the user to the home page unstead of updating the Shopping Cart page. I have looked at the templates and my theme modifications of the shopping cart and collaterals and am out of ideas of what to look for. Any help or suggestions on where to look for the issue would be greatly appreciated.

S. Bob
Magento ver. 1.2.1.2

Updates:
When the setting “After adding a product redirect to shopping cart” is set to Yes, the redirect does not happen and the shopping cart page updates correctly.

I have tracked it as far as the function _goBack in the CartController, it seems that there is an issue with $backUrl. I can prevent the redirection by replacing _goBack with _redirect(’checkout/cart’) in both estimate functions in the CartController, but I don’t know what else this will affect, and I would rather not change the core code.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

danshields

Total Posts:  32

I have the same issue, but I’m trying to put the estimator on a different page. I will let you know if I find anything out. And with mine the page just refreshes but the list of shipping methods and prices don’t show up

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community