Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Customer information will not save? 

mike305

Total Posts:  83

I set up a test account for my store to see just how smooth the process goes.

Come to find out.... A registered user can not add a (Primary Billing Address) or a (Primary Mailing Address)

After I type the address in and hit submit nothing seems to happen.. the page refreshes and erases the address. Nothing saves.

Please Help!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

xbytes

Total Posts:  3

I have the same problem. Any clues on how to solve this?
Thanks!.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Dorgo

Total Posts:  127

Same here. No addresses can be added or edited from the user account page.

If adding an address to an account with no addresses defined the page simply refreshes with the form fields blank (except for first and last name)

If the customer account already has addresses defined (during checkout) then editing or adding an address takes you back to the ‘manage addresses’ page but no data is saved.

Magento Community
Magento Community

The Sunday Paper

Total Posts:  202

I’m hearing this problem reported by certain customers, and I’m also seeing the same thing happen with attempting to change customer passwords. That one I’ve both had reported and seen firsthand. It appears as though the password must have saved, but nothing is changed in the database. What’s up?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Dx3webs

Total Posts:  178

+1

this only seems to affect some customers and not others.. very frustrating…

Magento Community
Magento Community

Dorgo

Total Posts:  127

The problem is caused by updates made to the theme files for forms in recent versions of Magento.
If you are using a custom theme this means you have to manually update your theme files. Personally i had to do a time consuming 3-way manual merge between the original theme release i modified (1.1.8), the current release and my modified theme. This was to make sure i had every new change, not just this one.

I had no idea these changes had been made and think if the Magento developers can not ensure backwards compatibility they should at least put something in the release notification (in big bold letters) telling people they will need to update their themes!

anyway.  The issue is with a new ‘formkey’.
Discussion on the problem and how to fix it http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/27447/
blueben’s post is probably the most succinct fix http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/27447/P30/#t97966

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community