Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Displaying products based on filtered categories

zyguy

Total Posts:  6

Hi all,

I need to display products based on the filtering of several categories. 

For example let’s say I have categories for car makers, model, and year.  To pick their car, the user selects their car maker from a drop down menu, then based on their selection a corresponding drop down menu for that maker’s car models gets populated, so they select their model, and then based on the model they select the year of their car; and finally I display all the products for their specific car.

Any ideas?  Have you guys seen a thread that is addressing this, I have looked all over? 

Thanks in advance
Tony Shams

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

zyguy

Total Posts:  6

Hi again,

I guess my question is more around how to create the drop down menus, and attribute the right sub-categories to them.

Thanks guys
Tony Shams

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community