Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Product duplication and name changing problems

Claudio Vargas

Total Posts:  22

Hi

I´m having a few problems duplicating products: Everytime I create a duplicate, rename it and modify a few things such as name (for example the original product name is Apple Ipod nano 4 gb, then I duplicate the original and change 4 gb to 8 gb, so the new product will be Apple Ipod nano 8 gb). Evrything displays correctly in the admin, but no changes occur in the frontend.

Also the same happens when I try to change the name of a product I previously created. After I change or modify the name, everything looks fine in the admin with the new name displaying, but nothing happens in the frontend.

Magento is a fantastic product and I´m sure it will create an ecommerce revolution. Thanks to all the great people at Varien for making such a great product

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Lior
Magento Team

Total Posts:  293

when you edit a product, make sure that you have selected the correct store in the left dropdown
It is possible that you are doing editing under the default store, and on the front end you see the “English Store”

Magento Community
Magento Community

Oeno

Total Posts:  10

I’m having the same exact issue.

I update all the details in the admin for a product, and the changes stick and stay in the admin, but don’t get updated on the frontend.

I’ve refreshed and cleared the cache, the url rewrites, etc. in Magento.

I’ve made sure the product is correctly categorized in the right store. I’ve updated it’s attributes with a checkbox to the same store (this is only a 1 store setup).

I’ve even deleted magento, re-installed from scratch, (I kept the same mysql database), run all the updates, and only installed core plugins (no community plugins).

I remember when this issue used to happen before, I used to delete the item and make a new item and all was fine. Tried it this time again, and same result as the previous item.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Oeno

Total Posts:  10

bump. I’m still having this issue with 1.1.8

Please help!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Dx3webs

Total Posts:  178

hi there,

I have been having a nightmare with this same issue…

when I imported my oscommerce catalog a new website and store view was created.

meaning that when i changed the products nothing happened unless you were careful to change the products for the store view on the front page.

so i deleted what i thought was the correct store view… this led to making changes in products that no one could see at all (system > manage stores) !!!! take lots of DB backups - i had to reinstall 3 times before i got this right!!!

so i deleted the other store view and finally after banging my head against the wall for ages i finally had one store, and one set of proeducts which if edited the chagnes were reflected on the front page..

i am loving the potential of magento.. but the learning curve and the quirkyness is hugh! i will get a new store out of this thing if it kills me.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community