Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Imported products do not show up on the frontend website

hpdadmin

Total Posts:  4

After manually importing products via a php script the products do not show up on the frontend website.

The import script imports the following column headings, and we are also using the “|” as the delimter:

websites|store|attribute_set|type|sku|category_ids|name|weight|price|description|short_description|status|visibility|tax_class_id

The import file looks something like this:

websites|store|attribute_set|type|sku|category_ids|name|weight|price|description|short_description|status|visibility|tax_class_id
base|admin|Default|simple|999-XR01-A258 |17|Name Field For Product_1|9.5555|299.99|Description Field For Product_1| Short Description For Product_01|Enabled|Catalog, Search|Taxable Goods

The php code also generates the url_key and url_path and enters it into the database.

We also have over 150 different nested categories. Now the interesting thing is that if you go into the Magento admin and select a product and assign that product to a second category then after saving it, it appears immediately on the frontend.

Does anyone have any experience in this area, or has a solution to this issue?

Your help would greatly be appreciated.

Sincerely,

Josif

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Brandlive_br
Guru

Total Posts:  653
Buenos Aires, Argentina

I have to check, but I remember that you need to associate every product with a category (it’s a third table).
I’m not with Magento structure right now, but maybe you can check that info.

--
Damián

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community