Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

A suggestion to import configurable products + categories

buzzjoe

Total Posts:  4

Doublepost -.-

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

buzzjoe

Doublepost -.-

Magento Community
Magento Community

Quinty

Total Posts:  12

edwong - 08 December 2010 11:22 PM

after upload, product 2 has the correct related product.
But product 1 does not, because at the time of upload, product 2 is not yet exist.

First list all simple products
Then the configurables—they’s find the simple products and link them all together

If you want to link the simple products or something else, I’m afraid you’ll have to do some post-processing

Magento Community
Magento Community

globing

Total Posts:  15

after reading this thread and did some testing i wondered the following.

the fist method on page 1 does not work for my 1.4.1.1 it gives me sku not defined.. but hell yeah the sku is there i simply used the example csv that was given on the first page but this didn’t work. 

after reading and reading i came accross another solution tried it but gave me errors..  does anyone have a solid solution?

and why is everybody using csv? as many know this can be a pain in the ass.. why not XML as it is more static?

for the ones that don’t have that many configurable products i came across this extension, it cost about 50 dollar and it’s a half way solution.:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/QuartSoft/extension/3709/automatic_configurables

hope somebody has a solution for mass upload of configurable products with simple products.

Magento Community
Magento Community

rekhappatel

Total Posts:  11

Thanks a lot, Finn

It works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

travelinworld

Hello amartinez,

I am new to magento, could you help me please?

I am using magento 1.5 beta2. I followed the steps from this wiki page : http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/3_-_store_setup_and_management/import_export/how_to_automatically_import_simple_grouped_and_configurable_products.

I stored the “Productimport.php” under /var/www/magento/app/code/local/Mage/Catalog/Model/Convert/Adapter/Productimporte.php, and “cron_import_products.php” under root directory. csv file under /magento/var/import/product.csv. The product_id and rootid were changed as well.

Then I used this commond you provided “/usr/bin/php -f cron_import_products.php” via SSH, i got the “Done” with no errors. However, the data hasn’t been imported to magemto at all.

Could you tell me what is going on?

thank you very much.

Magento Community
Magento Community

travelinworld

It\’s working now.

However, I don\’t know what is actually going on. I think maybe it\’s my server, it looks like all the code is fine. I did testing after a couple of days and everything is working now.

It is so odd!

Magento Community
Magento Community

darth_steel

Total Posts:  1

Hey guys.
Are forum downloads don’t work only for me? I can’t download any of attached files from this forum.
So, could anyone email me latest version of Productimport.php to pavel [at] treshna [dot] com?
Many thanks in advance!

Magento Community
Magento Community

StErMi

Total Posts:  21
Lucca

I\\\’m using Magento 1.4.2

I followed correctly the Wiki article but I\\\’ve some errors.

I copy&past;what the wiki sais. When I run my advanced profile it will open a new Magento page with Magento headers but the content it\\\’s all blank ( nothing appear ). I get no errors, no exceptions, nothing!

So I also copied Productimport.php in app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Model/Convert/Adapter/

Same as before. I tryed to modify Productimport.php with some echo ( to see what it\\\’s going on ), nothing changes.
I also tryed to add some BAD SYNTAX CODE so PHP / Magento will throw exception.... NOTHING!

My only conclusion is… it\\\’s not loading Productimport.php

What can I do? How can I solve? I only need to import product\\\’s gallery

Magento Community
Magento Community

lapongua

Total Posts:  9

In version 1.4.2 the same thing happens to me. But in the version 1.4.0.1 works properly

Magento Community
Magento Community

nelamurugan

Total Posts:  22
Chennai

Hi to all,

Thanks to all whoever participated to make a nice import script. Please help me with the problems, everything else is going fine.

1. I have more than 25,000 products as csv and all those qty is correctly set to greater than 0. But it never updates the qty and so its became out of stock. The website name,store name everything is correctly passed here.

This is my sample csv.

store    websites    attribute_set    type    category_ids    sku    has_options    name    meta_title    meta_description    image    small_image    thumbnail    url_key    url_path    custom_design    page_layout    options_container    image_label    small_image_label    thumbnail_label    gift_message_available    brightcove_video_id    facebook_xid    product_display_order    price    special_price    status    tax_class_id    visibility    enable_googlecheckout    giftcard_value    description    short_description    meta_keyword    custom_layout_update    special_from_date    special_to_date    news_from_date    news_to_date    custom_design_from    custom_design_to    qty    min_qty    use_config_min_qty    is_qty_decimal    backorders    use_config_backorders    min_sale_qty    use_config_min_sale_qty    max_sale_qty    use_config_max_sale_qty    is_in_stock    low_stock_date    notify_stock_qty    use_config_notify_stock_qty    manage_stock    use_config_manage_stock    stock_status_changed_automatically    use_config_qty_increments    qty_increments    use_config_enable_qty_increments    enable_qty_increments    product_name    store_id    product_type_id    product_status_changed    product_changed_websites    cost    weight    manufacturer    color    is_recurring    recurring_profile
admin    base    Giftcards    simple    343    HOL
-W49-25    0    Holiday Gift Card-25                        holiday-gift-card-25    holiday-gift-card-25.html        No layout updates.    Block after Info Column                Use config            0    25        Enabled    None    Not Visible Individually    Yes    25    Holiday Gift Card    Holiday Gift Card                                    999    0    1    0    0    1    1    1    0    1    1            1    0    1    0    1    0    1    0    Holiday Gift Card-25    0    simple                1            No

2.The second issue is with category. I have exported a csv from manually created product items. I do see the category_ids instead of categories. But here when i use the script i do not get categories to updated with the product.

Please help me

I am using Magento ver. 1.4.2.0-beta1 in windows 7 test environment and cent os 5.5 In both it does not works.

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

cassitobonne

Total Posts:  10

I have an error when I try run “the model” in System→Import/Export→Advanced Profiles
Erro:
Skip import row, required field “sku” not defined

I have set my CSV like this:

"sku","websites","store","has_options","type","attribute_set","config_attributes","news_from_date","categories","name","image","small_image","thumbnail","options_container","status","visibility","weight","description","qty","is_in_stock","assort","size","Wholesale","Normal","price","associated"

"600000-4"
,"base","admin","Block after Info Column","configurable","Default","color,size","Derivados de Aves,Carne Suína","TESTE 003","/60002.jpg","/60002.jpg","/60002.jpg","Block after Info Column","Enabled","Catalog, Search","","teste de importação","300","1","","","","","50.00","" 

Why I have only error in SKU ???

Somebody know other way to import CSV to Magento?

Image Attachments
sku-error.jpg

Magento Community
Magento Community

khublaikhan

Total Posts:  15

cassitobonne - 01 April 2011 11:55 AM

I have an error when I try run “the model” in System→Import/Export→Advanced Profiles
Erro:
Skip import row, required field “sku” not defined

I have set my CSV like this:

"sku","websites","store","has_options","type","attribute_set","config_attributes","news_from_date","categories","name","image","small_image","thumbnail","options_container","status","visibility","weight","description","qty","is_in_stock","assort","size","Wholesale","Normal","price","associated"

"600000-4"
,"base","admin","Block after Info Column","configurable","Default","color,size","Derivados de Aves,Carne Suína","TESTE 003","/60002.jpg","/60002.jpg","/60002.jpg","Block after Info Column","Enabled","Catalog, Search","","teste de importação","300","1","","","","","50.00","" 

Why I have only error in SKU ???

Somebody know other way to import CSV to Magento?

I have had this error and at first I thought I had done something wrong with my csv file SKU column info, however, after some investigation I found it was due the fact that the file was not in UTF-8 encoding. If like other people your csv file is being configured in excel then I suggest the following (it works for me anyway!):

Open the said file in Notepad
Save as a .csv file, i.e. products.csv
Ensure “Save as Type” option is set to “All Files”
Ensure encoding is UTF-8

Now try importing

Hope this works for you!

Magento Community
Magento Community

chitown

Total Posts:  5

I am using Magento ver. 1.4.1.1 and have tried using this importer.  Most things work, but it does not import “associated” column for my Grouped Products. 

I have my associated products like “prod01,prod02,prod03”.

Any ideas?

Magento Community
Magento Community

John Y

Total Posts:  30

Running this on V 1.4.2

I keep getting this error:

SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1048 Column ‘value’ cannot be null

It’s importing the simple products, but not the configurable. Anyone else getting this error? I’m using the sample csv amartinez posted here on this thread.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community