Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Setting up a production system best practices

kornbread

Total Posts:  25

I’ve been developing a Magento site for one of my clients.  We want to set up a production system that has redundancy.  What I mean by this is we want a production install, a stage/almost production install, and a development install.  Obviously, the development install is for developing new features, or major changes.  The stage install will be pretty much a mirror of the production install, but we will test all changes (specifically Magento updates) on this before taking them to production. 

Anyway, those of you that are using Magento in a production environment, How do you have the install set up?  Do you have a separate install for testing changes?  How do you manage Magento updates?

If you have any other best practices with having Magento in a production environment, please list them here.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Webkrebse

Total Posts:  40
Germany

Did you get any hints how to synchronize a production and development system?

--- Thank you very much ---

Magento Community
Magento Community

kornbread

Total Posts:  25

Unfortunately, I didn’t get any hints or tips.  For some reason, I’m not getting email notifications when someone posts to my threads, thus I didn’t notice you had responded.  Any help would still be appreciated.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community