Magento Forum

new shop in Japan - Abi Loves… - localized for English and Japanese

quanza

Total Posts:  97
Tokyo, Japan

Hi all,

After one too many late nights, we’re proud to announce the launch of Abi Loves… - a children’s products store in English and Japanese.

http://www.abiloves.com

If you’re expecting kids, have kids, or need to get something for kids - you’re bound to find something (I hope!)

The site is image heavy and hosted in Japan, so your load-page times may vary if you’re accessing from overseas.  Please be patient - Japan locals get 100Mbps fiber (yes, 100Mbps :), so we’re less concerned with page loads here :P

Some notables:

- completely rewritten javascript for the onepage checkout process.  For us, jQuery offered enough benefits over the default Prototype / Scriptaculous to undertake the effort of ripping out the default opcheckout.js and recoding it in jQuery :) Also, the vertical accordian-style checkout didn’t make UI sense to us, so we redesigned it as a horizontal process.

- Yuu-Pack and EMS shipping modules for Japan

- “kana fields” support for Japanese names, where we store the phonetic spelling of Japanese users’ names alongside their kanji spelling.

- rewritten image zoom as a jQuery plugin.  I was surprised I couldn’t find a replica of the Prototype / Scriptaculous image zoom in jQuery.  The UI is what we wanted, but I’m trying to wean Magento off its dependence on Prototype, so a jQuery plugin was in order.

The modules for Japan (shipping and kana-support) will be packaged soon for public consumption.  The jQuery image zoom plugin will be provided on the jQuery plugins database once I catch up on paying my electricity bill, and the checkout jQuery code ... well, I wrote it abstractly enough that others should be able to use it, but I do need to clean it up a bit so will share it once I do that.

I’m curious if anyone knows if Magento has any jQuery “integration” plans on their roadmap?  In fact, best would be no *integration* of Javascript - leave that to do the developers.  Just don’t make it so hard to switch Javascript libraries!

Anyways, hope people enjoy the new shop!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Unixversal

Total Posts:  80
Cologne, Germany

knowing the japanese style and design as well as shops and websites t - his shop looks very clean and harmonic. nothing sticks out negatively. i think you did a great job there. hope you have a great success!

cheers.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Joshua Barrie

Total Posts:  52

Fantastic Shop! Very well laid out.  Your custom jquery plugins work really well. The design is awesome… I can’t find anything negative. I also hope you have a great success!

Magento Community
Magento Community

unfeasible

Total Posts:  94
New Zealand

Very nice site and cool clothes! Nice process and customisation of magento.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mehamgul101

Total Posts:  1

Well i think abi love is one of the best store in japan related to the children,s product but i am happy they open it for japanese and also for the English so this kind of thing has inspired me so much and i will also buy products for my Children and thanks you share it
with us in this wonderful forum

Magento Community
Magento Community

ainohamorena

Total Posts:  3

nice work with the shop looks nice…

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community