Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Assign ‘attribute_set’ to product via API

Matthias Laug

Total Posts:  6

Hey everybody,

I am trying to import product with the help of magentos api. I create a Product as followed:

$ret $client->call($session'product.create', array
            (

"configurable",

$attributeId#will be determined via api

$sku#will be auto generated

$newProductData #holds all the data and everything ends up in magento, so this array should be correct

)
        );

The Product is created successfully and displayed in magento. But if I want to edit this product I have to set the configurable attribute for this configurable.

But the attribute by the attribute code “attribute_set_id” is not an allowed attribute. So I cannot set it via the $newProductData. So how to I set this with the API???

Any help would be appriciated.

Thanks alot

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Matthias Laug

ok due to total stupidity some changes....

the attribute_set is set directly via the “prodcut.create” , but still where and what attribute to set so I do not get this message again?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Matthias Laug

ok I try to question it in another way:

how do I set super attributes via API?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community