Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Tracking phone orders using the Affiliate Info field

tjger

Total Posts:  1

We take a few phone orders and we would like to track who places them.  We are currently using a bookmark with a google tracking code to track these orders in analytics, but we want to be able to track them in the back end and be able to know which employee entered the order.  We use the ShareASale affiliate program which uses cookies to track the affiliate by setting ‘ssaid’ to the affiliate id and these are reported in the Affiliate Info field in the orders section.  I figured the easiest way to do this would be to have the employee name inserted into this field when they place an order.  I figure we would need to create a php page to set the cookie then redirect to the homepage using the google tracking code.

Our developer recently got very sick and is not able to work for the next few weeks.  This happened right before he had a chance to start working on this.  He told me this should be easy to do and that the community may be able to help me with this rather than looking for a developer while he is out.  If anybody could help me out with this I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
TJ

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community