Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 4 of 4
Group funding of SuperAdmin module (different admin roles per website/store)

rmalla

Total Posts:  1

I need this module ASAP to work have my supplier (over 20 supplier) upload and manage their products, inventory and pricing… Is this already done??? Is there any other ecommerce which offer this feature???? I’m not sure why the Magento Team have not been able to support us on this.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Zerg164

Total Posts:  31

Note the date--Oct 15 2009. Did any of you check the googlecode site mentioned here? My guess is you managed to read the title and jump to the last page, so here is the link:

http://code.google.com/p/retailbackend/

Since the first thing you will probably do is ignore the front page, I will state it here for clarity. This module is not something any user will be able to use. It is something a developer can take and modify into something usable. If a developer wants to take my code and turn it into a working module, that is fine. They can feel free to contact me if they would like keys to the project, they can feel free to ask me for insight on how the code works, they can then resell it back to the community if they feel like it.

I will say it again: I will not help people install my module for use. It is not ready for that. It doesn’t work, and it won’t until some other developer decides to take it and develop it on their own, or else I have the time to develop it further. Do not bother emailing me with offers to pay me to develop it further, as I do not have the time to develop this.

And yes, I know that this is something that is likely quite valuable to the community. That is why Varien was smart enough to build it into their enterprise edition. My advice to you who need this is to get creative with work arounds. Have the suppliers send you their updates, and then have someone on your end update the website, or write an update script. No module exists for the community edition with the capability of restricting sub-admins to certain websites.

If I change my mind at some point and begin work on this again, and you would like to be one of the alpha testers, send me an email. I will send you an email letting you know that I will add you to a mailing list to be the first aware of such an event. Since that will not happen anytime in the foreseeable future, I suggest you find another developer who you could have talk to me about the code, or else find a work around.

I am sorry to those of you who may be disappointed to not have such a module, but remember that a year ago I was in the same place as you are now, and I was able to build something that worked for me. I would highly encourage you to do the same. Good luck with your respective projects.

Magento Community
Magento Community

dialbat

Total Posts:  43

Well, thank you Zerg for your reply, as we were getting worried smile
and thanks for trying as well.
Since the main idea for most users i think was to have multiple stores within the store, to be able to manage their own products, someone has developed this module at this link
http://www.magentocommerce.com/extension/2976/magento-vendor-drop-shipping-extension-mvde-
so maybe this will help.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Zerg164

Total Posts:  31

That is definitely a much better plan than waiting on me to get anything done wink

I apreciate someone being willing to find an alternative solution.

Magento Community
Magento Community

m4rtijn

Total Posts:  1

If you look for additional admin roles, settings or restrictions.

This is what I was looking for and maybe somebody else will find it usefull.

http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/AITOC,+Inc./extension/1844/advanced-permissions

--- edit

that link doesnt seem to work though

http://www.aitoc.com/en/magentomods_advanced_permissions.html

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 4 of 4