Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Group funding of SuperAdmin module (different admin roles per website/store)

Daviz

Total Posts:  13

Rd Skywalker - 27 August 2009 11:39 AM

Sorry about my delay in reading this…
“cGc3’ was the user that sent me the PM… did not get his email…

But, now there is some extension for 100 dolars.. maybe it can solve some of our stuff…

ONE MORE THING…
I still think that this issue REALLY NEED to become open source… completely… with guys over here helping with the development of this and, testing, translating and finding bugs…

Thanks for the answer. Yor are right in both suggestions. I will have an look to the above offered extension. If it fits to the project i am working on right now, it is for me the right solution. I save time and $ 100 is not much.

But i agree fully that there should be an open source solution soon. I offer my help to this, when ever i have some time. But time is rare till i have finished this project.

Regards,
David

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

NDBoost

Total Posts:  5

Zerg do you have any updates to this yet?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Zerg164

Total Posts:  31

EDIT:
404 errors are now fixed--problem was a line of nonsense code that no longer worked with Magento 1.3.2.3
Thanks for all your patience!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Zerg164

New updated ZIP file has been uploaded for those who do not want to bother with SVN. Again, thanks for all your patience!

Magento Community
Magento Community

umpa

Total Posts:  7

Thanks for great extension Zerg.

1 bug
in:
app\code\local\Retailer\Backend\sql\backend_setup\mysql4-install-0.1.0.php
We have:

//...
INSERT INTO `magento`.`backend` (
`
id` ,
`
user_id` ,
`
store_id` ,
`
commission` ,
`
customer_id` ,
`
filename_logo`
)
//..

Should be probably:

//...
INSERT INTO `backend` (
`
id` ,
`
user_id` ,
`
store_id` ,
`
commission` ,
`
customer_id` ,
`
filename_logo`
)
//..

Magento Community
Magento Community

Limetree Web Design

Total Posts:  40

I tried out the new version;

- There was no data in the ‘Customer’ or ‘Sales’ tabs
- The Sales -> Wholesale ended in a 404
- The Account tabs didn’t display anything
- The tabs cause the nav bar to increase height on the backend (so either lose a tab, or alter the CSS, or remove the help link at the far right)

Just want to thank Zerg for all the effort he’s put into the code - nearly there!

Magento Community
Magento Community

umpa

Another bug:
line 88, app\code\local\Retailer\Backend\controllers\Adminhtml\BackendController.php
Should be: 

$link Mage::getModel('backend/backend')->load($user->getUserId(),'user_id');
not
$link Mage::getModel('backend/backend')-load($user->getUserId(),'user_id');

Magento Community
Magento Community

Zerg164

@ cyril: I apologize for the unseemly nav-bar. It should look alright for users who have access only to those sections.
The issue with the Sales & Customers not showing up is likely that the backend user has not been assigned to a store. This would be handled in the Accounts tab, which you mentioned is not working for you.
Could you explain “blank” a bit more? Does it show an empty grid, an error, or a completely blank page? Hopefully I can nail down exactly why it isn’t working for you and fix it quickly.

Thank you so much all of you for letting me know about these bugs!

Magento Community
Magento Community

umpa

REV 67.
Confirm orders function works great - THANKS, but when I try to delete one it does not work as expected and mess up things:
1. All orders and customers disapear from store owner panel(stay unchanged in admin panel).
2. When I try to add customer from store owner panel I get:
Fatal error: Call to a member function getId() on a non-object in /var/www/rb_2_1/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Customer/Model/Customer.php on line 653
(Happpens only after I deleted order).

Magento Community
Magento Community

Zerg164

Thanks for the quick test and reply! Bug should be fixed now--cyril, I still am not sure what is wrong with yours, but I am still looking into it.
EDIT: A thought as to what might be the issue: Is the user trying to access the Accounts tab under the role “Administrators”? If not, it probably should be!

Magento Community
Magento Community

freshman66

Total Posts:  25

@Zerg: I have read this thread and installed the latest version of the module from SVN. I do have some problems understanding the underlying concepts of your module and where it’s heading to. Also, I wasn’t able to figure out how to add a user and a assign a store.
It would be cool if you could provide some additional information on how to work with the module.

Obvisously you are not hooking into Magento’s permission logic. Are you doing this to quickly achieve some results? There’s a huge downside to it though, don’t you think? The module you are building will be quite static and won’t allow for any fine grained permissions or even inherited permissions. Would that be correct?

Like all the others in this thread I am pretty desperately searching for an extension to handle advanced permission management. It should be possible to assign different roles and users to websites or stores. Website-Admins should be allowed to have complete control of their site including adding new stores, users and roles.
Naturally, from a programmers point of view this is Pandoras Box and to open it would mean a LOT of work and too much work for a single person to get this done in a reasonable amount of time.  Have you also considered to go for the big solution?

Anyway, you were asking for people to help you and I’d be happy to do so - if the project offers a solution for my needs as well. So please give us a little more info about what it’s going to be.

Thanks a lot for your great community effort,
Stefan

Magento Community
Magento Community

Zerg164

Freshman66:
The usage is a bit complicated to setup. First, you need to create a new role that has access only to the extension. From there, create a new user and assign it to that role. Then you would use the My Account->My Info panel to configure that user.

The reason I am not hooking into Magento’s permission logic directly is that it would likely require reworking most of Magento’s modules. In fact, this has already been done through the Enterprise Edition of Magento. What I opted to do is to create a whole new module that I could fine-tune to handle management of any component of the website whatsoever. The top-admin could then restrict which features of the extension he wants the sub-admins to use. I do not believe that this makes it static at all; it is relatively simple to add a new area for the sub-admin to manage.

I would like to point out that this module is primarily concerned with a work-around to the lack of Magento’s store-based permissions (outside of the wonderful Enterprise Edition), and not directly with extending the use of the builtin permissions.

I originally started this module for the company I work for--they wanted an online store-set where they could have sub-admins manage certain parts of their individual online store. All the stores needed to be linked to the top-level-store, so the option of multiple Magento installations was out of the question.

Hope this clarifies a few things for you!
Zerg

Magento Community
Magento Community

Rd Skywalker

Total Posts:  81

This could be a great feature for the comunity…

Magento Community
Magento Community

Zerg164

Sorry about slow progress--been busy a lot with school. I hope to have a beta version released for Magento Connect by December sometime, but I will continue updating through SVN for now.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mage Guru

Total Posts:  79

Did anyone ever get the superadmin module working to perfection..? I needed it for users managing their own products only..

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community