Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 4
Group funding of SuperAdmin module (different admin roles per website/store)

MageWorxcom
Guru

Total Posts:  410
Washington DC Metro Area, US

Zerg164 - 13 July 2009 06:22 AM

I have created a google code page here:
Google Page
Source code is available there.

I will work on setting up SVN--my first time using it so it could take awhile.

The message from the Custom Development team sounds interesting, but I’m looking to create a free version with potentially more flexibility.

EDIT:
Got the SVN working.
PM me if you want me to add you to the project. I think I need your email for that

Hello,

It’s good to hear that you would like to create a free solution for these purposes. But if I understood everything correctly, you are developing the solution which will work as a 3rd party script, i.e. to add different roles, assign stores etc you will need to use 3rd party scripts which interacts to Magento db via API. And you will NOT be able to do this via Magento admin area.
Is this right?

Please correct me if I’m wrong.

Waiting for your response.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Zerg164

Total Posts:  31

That is correct. However, I would like to try and build an extension as well, once I have a working 3rd party script system, as I know a little more about PHP programming than coding with Magento, and I need to have a functioning system in either form quickly. If you have any suggestions on ways I should continue, that would be much appreciated!

Thanks

EDIT:
There is also the possibility that the PHP scripts would interact directly with the database, so as to get around the speed problems with SOAP

UPDATE:
I finally found the phpdoc for Magento!
http://docs.magentocommerce.com/
Because of this, it might be easier to move straight into developing a Magento backend module. If anyone is interested in helping, I’ll still be using the same Google Code page.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Zerg164

SVN for the extension is now available at:
http://code.google.com/p/retailbackend/
If anyone wants to help on this, PM me or email me at:

Magento Community
Magento Community

Rd Skywalker

Total Posts:  81

I would dare to say that this thread needs to be published EVERYWHERE in the magento countries forums…
So everyone could help with this issue…

I am from Brazil, so, dealing with my fellow brazilians in order to help with this functionality.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Limetree Web Design

Total Posts:  40

Zerg164 - 16 July 2009 08:58 AM

I installed that extension, and the ‘Sales’ and ‘Account’ pages don’t load - they show a 404 error. 

Also, the ‘Customer’ page lists no customer.  I was slightly confused when I first installed it because it showed an error because the ‘user_id’ value wasn’t set in the /sql folder…

Magento Community
Magento Community

Rd Skywalker

cyrilthemonkey - 10 August 2009 06:23 AM

Zerg164 - 16 July 2009 08:58 AM

I installed that extension, and the ‘Sales’ and ‘Account’ pages don’t load - they show a 404 error. 

Also, the ‘Customer’ page lists no customer.  I was slightly confused when I first installed it because it showed an error because the ‘user_id’ value wasn’t set in the /sql folder...

hummm.. interesting…

anyone with the same error? or maybe a solution?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Daviz

Total Posts:  13

Rd Skywalker - 12 July 2009 10:28 AM

Just received an email…
“Hello,

If you are still interested in the functionality described in the topic “http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/35795/”
(referring to your post “http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/35795/#t149625") please let us know.

We are already finishing the functionality which will allow to assign different product categories to store views, i.e. it will be possible to assign different user roles to store view, and store view to the categories. Thus, user roles will be assigned to the product categories and will get access to only specific categories they were assigned to.
After this we are going to develop the functionality of separating statistic based on user roles etc.
It’s hard to estimate the final cost of these modifications as it will depend of the exact requirements you would like to implement. And this modification is rather large piece of hard work as we will need to foresee all possible cases during the development and then test them.  The appropriate cost for this is up to $2000.
We are developing this functionality as an extension, thus you will easily be able to share the cost of this between other Magento members if needed.”

I think it is an good option to pay for this extension. I could also take part to programm this extension with the community but i prefer to pay for work which is already done. So i can use my time for other things i have to customise in magento.

But i think the extension should be open source after we paid for it.
@Rd Skywalker: can you send me the email adress of this programmer(s). So i can talk about some details.

Regards,
David

Magento Community
Magento Community

Zerg164

Thanks guys for pointing out that bug. I’ll try to find time to fix that.... In the meantime, just make sure you are using the SVN version rather than the ZIP.
Sorry I haven’t had time to see this sooner--feel free to email me if you have other issues! Hopefully I will be able to deal with those soon, but classes start soon for me, so progess may be slow.
EDIT:
Daviz, if you want, you are welcome to take a look at the code I have written so far. It’s on the google code page, but you need SVN to get it. I don’t plan on charging for it, and it is probably more than halfway done already.

Magento Community
Magento Community

NDBoost

Total Posts:  5

First off,
Zerg thanks for all of your hard work on this. Please let us know once the 404 error is fixed. Once a production worthy version of this extension comes out i’d be more than happy to pay for the extension. Until then please keep up the hard work!

We’re all rootin for ya

Magento Community
Magento Community

AITOC
Guru

Total Posts:  618
US

We’ve just released Advanced Permissions extension, it enables admin to assign permissions to users for editing products within specific catalogs and/or store views. Your feedback will be appreciated.

Magento Community
Magento Community

AITOC
Guru

Total Posts:  618
US

VisualFrames - 26 August 2009 05:02 AM

I checked the solution from aitoc and while it adds value (not free though), it is still a small set of what is requested in the advanced permission.

Now we are collecting feedback from our customers, and I hope within a week or two we can release an update with the ability to view store-specific orders/invoices and customers only.  You are welcome to give a feedback here too.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Rd Skywalker

Daviz - 21 August 2009 06:22 AM

I think it is an good option to pay for this extension. I could also take part to programm this extension with the community but i prefer to pay for work which is already done. So i can use my time for other things i have to customise in magento.

But i think the extension should be open source after we paid for it.
@Rd Skywalker: can you send me the email adress of this programmer(s). So i can talk about some details.

Regards,
David

Sorry about my delay in reading this…
“cGc3’ was the user that sent me the PM… did not get his email…

But, now there is some extension for 100 dolars.. maybe it can solve some of our stuff…

ONE MORE THING…
I still think that this issue REALLY NEED to become open source… completely… with guys over here helping with the development of this and, testing, translating and finding bugs…

Magento Community
Magento Community

NDBoost

AITOC, Inc. - 26 August 2009 06:06 AM

VisualFrames - 26 August 2009 05:02 AM
I checked the solution from aitoc and while it adds value (not free though), it is still a small set of what is requested in the advanced permission.

Now we are collecting feedback from our customers, and I hope within a week or two we can release an update with the ability to view store-specific orders/invoices and customers only.  You are welcome to give a feedback here too.

I think you need to release this as open source for development and research purposes.. Like i have previously noted, i am more than willing to pay for an end product once its released and working. I am not willing to pay for a product beforehand and have no ability to test it on my own server and my own installations.

I need granularity when it comes to customer order approvals on a site level.

Example:
Customer places order on store B
Store B Manager logs in, moves status from Waiting Approval to Approved
Company shipper logs in, is able to see all orders across all stores.. takes Store B Order, moves it from Approved status to Shipped status and carries out work as usual.

Store B manager should only be aloud to see their stores orders and that’s it.

If your extension can provide this either right now or in the immediate future i will be interested in buying it.

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

Zerg164

NDBoost:
My current extension has all but the third part of what you want (Plus some other features). The final part is coming soon--probably this weekend if I have enough time! Go ahead and check it out through SVN at code.google.com/p/retailbackend
The bugs that others have noted will also be fixed this weekend! I still plan on this being open-source; feel free to let me know of any ideas you might have regarding this!

Magento Community
Magento Community

NDBoost

Zerg164 - 28 August 2009 11:12 AM

NDBoost:
My current extension has all but the third part of what you want (Plus some other features). The final part is coming soon--probably this weekend if I have enough time! Go ahead and check it out through SVN at code.google.com/p/retailbackend
The bugs that others have noted will also be fixed this weekend! I still plan on this being open-source; feel free to let me know of any ideas you might have regarding this!

Zerg,
I am aware of this… however currently your extension is giving 404 errors for certain areas of the backend, like i have mentioned previously im excited to see what you come up with and cant wait for the bugs to be fixed.

PS. If you need any html, css, php programming help im more than happy to assist with what i can..

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 4