Magento Forum

Page 1 of 4
Group funding of SuperAdmin module (different admin roles per website/store)

urko99

Total Posts:  35

Hi! SInce there is a great interest in such a functionality for Magento, I found a developer prepared to create it for somewhere about US$1000-1500. We are talking about functionality that would enable us to customize created admins permissions, so they could for example only see and edit the products they alone created and also those we would choose for them as SuperAdmins. That way you could for example create different websites on dirrefent domains for different retailers, all under the same Magento installation. The developer is very credible I believe, since he has already created many of modules available in the MagentoConnect download section. Since I can’t cover such financial costs by myself, I hope there are also other of you, that are prepared to share the necessary funds. So I would like you to express in posts how many other candidates are interested in funding this project.
Lets say that “applications” will be collected for 14days and till then I will also get more detailed description of how will the module work, that will be sent to everyone interested in its development.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

AnneLise

Total Posts:  154
Bergen, Norway

Great work!  What about setting up a PayPal donation account so everybody can donate what they can?

Magento Community
Magento Community

urko99

I was thinking about doing that when “enough” interest is expressed. That way we avoid inconveniences that could appear if the collected amount would be far from the goal and would be insufficient to finance the development.

Magento Community
Magento Community

nebukatnezer

Total Posts:  23

We are also very interestet in this feature. A very big deal of our agency depends on this functionality. Are there any news ?
Please let me know when it´s time to donate.

Can you give me a contact to the developer, because we need this feature anyway. The price is OK.

Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

bennyli

Total Posts:  8

Are there any updates on this? Perhaps we can pool in for the project to kickstart…

Magento Community
Magento Community

artproduct

What’s the situation on this?
We’ll kick in a substantial bit if this is a feasible project.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ahhhq

Total Posts:  7

that’s great.i think it will be fully fit the agency sales.

Magento Community
Magento Community

urko99

Hi! I have contacted the developer to talk about starting the development of this component. And he requested for you to quickly describe the requirements you need, so he can get more detailed orientation for the development. Therefore I would like you to point out the features you expect from this component, so I can forward them to him.

Magento Community
Magento Community

urko99

Hi! I have contacted the developer and talked about starting the development of this component. And he requested for you to quickly describe the requested features. So I would like you to point out the features you would like to be developed with this component (for those who are willing to donate for its development, of course).

Magento Community
Magento Community

urko99

It was supposed to be an open source one, but the developer has some other projects at the moment and doesn’t have time for this one.. So if any one else knows some other reliable developer, he should take on the project, because I unfortunately don’t know any.. :D

Magento Community
Magento Community

y2kwebs

OK an initial feature would be:

- in user/role section, to have the ability to choose the store/website the users in this role would have access to.

For example I could define a Role with access only to see certain aspects of the admin interface enabled, just like you can do now, BUT then somehow (maybe in the same role form), i could assign this role to a certain store/website.

I could throw in something around $50 and $100, i think that’s more than enough taking into account the amount of people wanting this.

Thank you, don’t let this die.

Magento Community
Magento Community

y2kwebs

urko99 - 14 May 2009 11:00 PM

It was supposed to be an open source one, but the developer has some other projects at the moment and doesn’t have time for this one.. So if any one else knows some other reliable developer, he should take on the project, because I unfortunately don’t know any.. :D

oh that’s a pity.....

Magento Community
Magento Community

Rd Skywalker

Total Posts:  81

Is this a free software community or what???

let us organize ourselves and do it!!!

some stuff to be done.
SVN and Trac systems…

We make ONE topic on every country forum here in the magento forums the “main” topic.
than we organize it and manage it!!!

there a lot of folks that know how to do some research and put their hands in source codes…
they will do it, for free.. just organize the project with SVN and TRAC..
Forum? we already got this one… smile
Other important stuff:
http://sourceforge.net/

I will just ask that the one that will start this by creating an [Official] topic, tell us in this post…
Then, spread this in the country’s forums… I’m from Brazil, so, i will deal with it inside the brazilian community…
i would recommend something like that for anyone interested in doing this stuff work.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Zerg164

Total Posts:  31

I’m currently working on a work around--using the SOAP API in conjunction with standalone PHP files. If anyone is still interested, I would be willing to give them a copy!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Rd Skywalker

Total Posts:  81

Zerg164 - 07 July 2009 07:22 AM

I’m currently working on a work around--using the SOAP API in conjunction with standalone PHP files. If anyone is still interested, I would be willing to give them a copy!

Sorry about my delay responding this…

I do want a copy… But i wan to to help spreading this stuff…
would you like to upload your source code into an SVN Server and work using it?
I’d suggest google codes servers(for free) and ask the community for a hand..

EDIT:
Just received an email…

Hello,

If you are still interested in the functionality described in the topic “http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/35795/”
(referring to your post “http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/35795/#t149625") please let us know.

We are already finishing the functionality which will allow to assign different product categories to store views, i.e. it will be possible to assign different user roles to store view, and store view to the categories. Thus, user roles will be assigned to the product categories and will get access to only specific categories they were assigned to.
After this we are going to develop the functionality of separating statistic based on user roles etc.
It’s hard to estimate the final cost of these modifications as it will depend of the exact requirements you would like to implement. And this modification is rather large piece of hard work as we will need to foresee all possible cases during the development and then test them.  The appropriate cost for this is up to $2000.
We are developing this functionality as an extension, thus you will easily be able to share the cost of this between other Magento members if needed.

Please let me know what you think about this.

We are always open for any discussions.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,
Steve.

Magento Custom Development Team

Magento Community
Magento Community

Zerg164

Total Posts:  31

I have created a google code page here:
Google Page
Source code is available there.

I will work on setting up SVN--my first time using it so it could take awhile.

The message from the Custom Development team sounds interesting, but I’m looking to create a free version with potentially more flexibility.

EDIT:
Got the SVN working.
PM me if you want me to add you to the project. I think I need your email for that

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 4