Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Attribute set properties

MariusG

Total Posts:  7
Romania

Hey !
Please help me with something.
I have in my store different categories, such as laptops, monitors, LCD-s, and so on, with different products, ...
It seems that some of the filters / attributes are not working ok, and the most important of them, price filter, is not working at all.
My question is this:
Let’s say I create the attribute “laptop_manufacturer”, filterable with results and I enter “1” for the Position in the filters. I include this attribute in “laptop” attribute set…
If I create another attribute set, called “monitors”, with the attribute “monitor_manufacturer”, filterable with results, what should I enter in the ‘Position in the filters’ box ?  1, because it should be the first in it’s category/set, or should I keep track and enter the next number, in this example 2… and so on for the next attributes?

I guess this may be the problem with my store, the reason why my filters do not appear any more, but I’m not sure, that’s why I’m asking for your kind help…

Thanks a lot.
Marius

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community