Magento Forum

Backend & Frontend error after SYSTEM BACKUP

dejoe087

Total Posts:  10

I need help please.

I decided to perform a SYSTEM Backup via the admin of my website at 4:13am, even though I’m not so techy with Magento (1.7.0.2). It kept showing ‘Please Wait’ all the while. I went to bed, woke after 6hours and it was still the same. I left it for a long while till around 11:30pm and it was still showing ‘Please Wait’. While it was performing the backup, I couldn’t access both the frontend and backend of the website.

As I wasn’t sure of what to do to bring the website back alive, I stopped the Backup at about 11:40pm by typing a different web address into the URL. Having done that, nothing seems to have changed and I still can’t access both the backend & frontend.

Please I need some advice on what to do. Please do let me know if you require more clarification

Thanks.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

dejoe087

I read somewhere that I should delete Maintenance.flag from the Magento installation folder but it doesn’t seem to be within the folder.

I have also cleared the cache by deleting the var/cache and var/session but still the same.
It gives HTTP 500 error message: Most likely causes: •The website is under maintenance. •The website has a programming error.

Magento Community
Magento Community

dejoe087

I have managed to resolved it by changing the permission for index.php from 666 to 644. and In the cart’s downloader directory, I also changed the permissions for index.php from 666 to 644.

Now I am battling on how to change the permissions for other files from 666 to 644.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community