Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

currency/language selector (how to remove it?)

adeprol

Total Posts:  3

I have been banging my head the last couple of days, I can’t figure out how to remove the currency/language selector.

If i go to the admin menu and show 2 currencies, the lay-out is nice, but if there is only 1 currency the selector doesn’t show (obviously) but I get a lay-out problem.

http://s22.postimg.org/i95mi7omp/currency.jpg

Someone have an idea? been browsing the forums to find for a solution, but so far nothing works.

thanks in advance,

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Indies Webs

Total Posts:  193

Hi,
You will have to remove the following block from the Xml file if you don’t want to show language selector at a particular page. For that you find the ‘Page.Xml’ available at the following location.

Magento->app->design->frontend->[yourtheme]->layout->Page.Xml.

In this file, you will find

<block type="page/html_header" name="header" as="header">

In which you find another block like this

<block type="page/switch" name="store_language" as="store_language" template="page/switch/languages.phtml"/>

Put comment line for this block if you don’t want language selector on any page.

I Hope this will help you.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community