Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

License

Black Cat
Mentor

Total Posts:  3481
Assemini / Cagliari (Italy)

Hi.
I have a question.
I am Italian and I don’t perfectly understand the English.  you can be said that my English is a more scholastic little English.
I have read on the various topics of the other states that there is so much people insodisfatta from the license OSL 3.0
Going to read, I don’t succeed well in understanding what permitted is and thing is not permitted. In short the limits for a webdesigner or a webdeveloper which are?

Don’t I have a deep knowledge of the language English as, can you answer with a list written in enough simple way?
Thanks thousan

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

RoyRubin
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  968
Los Angeles, CA

It is very similar to the GPL (but I certainly suggest you read it to get a full understanding). A big difference is that the OSL 3.0 defines distribution over a network as a distribution (unlike the GPL).

Magento Community
Magento Community

Black Cat
Mentor

More in the specific one?
a lot of words could be confused or misunderstood

Magento Community
Magento Community

Black Cat
Mentor

Mainly I would like to know a thing.
Me as webdesigner and computer, can I perceive a profit creating the graphics for magento and installing the software (adapted according to the demands) on behalf of a client (little expert) in a hosting?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community