Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Unable to login with any user

Condom Girl

Total Posts:  13

I am unable to login to the the magento backend. My site is up and working. I was able to login yesterday and today I can’t - not as any user. If I try and login as an invalid user then I get the “Access Denied” message, which means that it is accessing the database to check user name and password

I have tried loging in with a variety of browsers:

opera -mac
ff - mac
ff - PC
IE7
camino
safari - mac

I have tried clearing my cache of cookies etc.

Any ideas? Anyone with the same problem?

I’m running 1.2.1.2 on a Centos virtual server (Xen based [not really relevant, but interesting]).

:-( As mild panic sets in, I’m off to investigate - results to be posted here

Just tried this: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/32011/#t105635
commenting out code for cookie checking - that didn’t work.

I’ve just resolved this - it was a server problem (I’m happy, but embarrassed to say), not a magento issue - one disk partition was full, which i assume stopped the session file from being written.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community