Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Multiple Websites and Entry Points

dan_w

Total Posts:  290

I was wondering if anyone has had any success with setting up multiple websites on the same domain with different entry points? If so, could you give me a few tips. Here is the scenario: lets say we sell computers at computers.com. When people enter our website the categories are laptops, desktops, accessories, etc.. Now, lets say that we wanted to have an Apple store at computers.com/apple-store/. When they entered the apple store the look, feel and navigation would change completely to reflect this. We have the website created, and the store view done, however when I follow the directions in the KB article and the Wiki on this topic, all I receive is a blank page. I have created the appropriate folder, ie apple-store/, and included a modified index.php file set to run(’apple’). I have also included the .htaccess file as well. I’m not sure what I’m missing, but any help or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1770
Los Angeles

@dan_w: what memory_limit do you have? do you have any errors in php error log?

Magento Community
Magento Community

dan_w

Moshe:
I checked and the server was set at 64M. The error log indicated that it could not open /app/Mage.php. I changed to ../app/Mage.php and the page loads, but does not load the theme that was set in index.php. Also, I deleted a store from the admin section and now receive the following in the header:

Notice: Undefined index:  2 in /var/www/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Mysql4/Config.php on line 150
[0] in Mage_Core_Model_Mysql4_Config->loadToXml(Mage_Core_Model_Config) in /var/www/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Config.php on line 186
[1] in Mage_Core_Model_Config->init(NULL) in /var/www/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php on line 174
[2] in Mage_Core_Model_App->init("base", NULL) in /var/www/html/app/Mage.php on line 367
[3] in Mage::app("base", NULL) in /var/www/html/app/Mage.php on line 387
[4] in Mage::run("base") in /var/www/html/index.php on line 28

Any idea what would cause the error, and why the proper theme doesn’t load? Admin shows that for that store, the base url is set to the proper folder and the correct them is selected.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1770
Los Angeles

in index.php you specify not the theme but store code.

The theme is then assigned for this specific store in admin > system > configuration > design

thank you for reporting the bug with store deletion. please run this statement in your DB:

delete from core_config_data where scope='store' and scope_id=2;

Magento Community
Magento Community

dan_w

I just wanted to thank everyone at Varien for their continued patience and support. We did fix the problem with the multiple websites, which was not defining the wrong store code in the various index.php files, but rather incorrectly setting the Base Skin Url’s and Media Url’s for the various websites. Since the base url was in a new directory, by default it was looking for the skins in mydomain.com/new-website/skins because we were using {{unsecure_base_url}}/skin and {{unsecure_base_url}}/media. Again, a silly user error on an otherwise brilliant software app

Magento Community
Magento Community

jwebber

Total Posts:  67
Elkhart, Indiana

@moshe

I had this same error and in the core_config_data the column value for scope was “stores”

So the query I had to run was:

delete from core_config_data where scope='stores' and scope_id=2;

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community