Magento Forum

Is “Visibility” working at all? 

JesperDK

Total Posts:  87
Denmark

Hey,

Am I the only one having problems getting “Visibility” to work when adding products? I have a product that I’ve tried to set as “Nowhere” and “Search” only, but no matter what I do it still shows up when I check the category or if I search for it?

Cheers,

- Jesper

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Travis

Total Posts:  125

Wasn’t working for me either the other day.  Probably in the works.

Magento Community
Magento Community

JesperDK

Denmark

Good to know.. I’ll just keep playing around with it and pretend it’s working then when setting up the products. Looking forward to the next release smile

- Jesper

Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1770
Los Angeles

This attribute is local, that means affect only the store you are in.. There might be a wording issue that says “All stores” in the store dropdown. It should be “Default store”.

When you change an attribute in default store and this attribute is local it does not change it’s value in specific stores.
Please switch to the store you want this attribute to affect, and change it there.

Let me know how it goes smile

We are working to make connection between stores more smooth and ability to change attributes Global flag after attribute is created.

Magento Community
Magento Community

JesperDK

Denmark

Hey Moshe,

Thank you for the reply :o) It did solve the problem, but of course it created a new one as well:

When using the layered navigation, some of the attributes - like color and size - are stored in the simple products, which make up the grouped product. But, when I hade the simple products, their attributes dissapair from the filtered navigation as well: http://www.ferveo-import.com/magento/catalog/category/view/s/browse-by-brand/id/32/ - it should include size and color as well, based on the simple products in the grouped product? or is it just me? smile

Cheers,

- Jesper

Magento Community
Magento Community

YoavKutner
Guru

Total Posts:  491

Jesper - This is a known issue of the layered navigation that should be resolved and released in future releases.

Thanks
yoav

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community