Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento Catalog Price Rule Question

CREOAgency

Total Posts:  4

Hello,

I have a question on a catalog price rule.  I currently have a customer group, let’s call it GROUP A, which gets a 15% discount on all items.  Now my default customer group is GROUP A, so all a user has to do to get the 15% off is register for the site.  So, all registered users will receive 15% off, and guests will receive nothing off.

So my problem is, if a new user adds a couple of items to the cart, then checks out, they can either register, or check out as a guest.  If they register for the site, they don’t receive a discount (I’m guessing because they’re not added to the customer group yet). 

How would I set things up to give the discount to someone who starts the registration process, before their order is complete?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community