Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
Tips for finding a good Magento Host

vuvanway

Total Posts:  9

Dear,

First time I do a post on this forum and I believe this forum will have many guys who know about Magento very much and Magento Host of course.

I am on my way to figure out a good magento host, but not sure how and what I need to consider to choose. Please help with your tips how to find a good magento Host.

Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

magesolutions

Total Posts:  91

Good for you since you didn’t make any wrong choice smile. Anyway, a good magento host can be found by these steps:

1. Server resource and configuration for magento

It doesn’t make sense if a hosting you buy can’t run magento so that you need to make sure the hosting provider have configured their host work best for magento. It is not like wordpress, joomla, drupal… what very easy to run on any host. With magento if you don’t choose the right provider it will not work at all.

So as far as the hosting provider say they have magento hosting package then it should be fine.

2. Security

The most important of ecommerce is security. You need to figure out the hosting have good security or not. At least they have backup functionaltiy, alert and support SSL easy.

3. Location & speed

The last and the important is the speed of your site. It usually belong to location but it belong to the server hardware resource also. Server are not allowed to have too many hosts on server to keep share memory, CPU work well.

The speed will help you sales better and your customers more happy so that you should choose a provider have location near you. If the provider have many locations then it should be better to your business since your business usually need to be flexible.

4. Support time & Magento support

Do the hosting have magento support? how many minutes in average response time? How many years they start the job in hosting industry?

Let ‘s find the answer for that and you will have way to choose the best.

My team experience so we are usually choose SiteGround Magento Host for our magento because they meet very well the requirements above and they have server in Euro, US, ASIA. It ‘s nice provider.

Hope it help.

Magento Community
Magento Community

WineRed

Total Posts:  14

very useful tips, it help me a lot, thanks magesolutions.

Magento Community
Magento Community

magesolutions

newyorkz - 29 April 2013 03:38 PM

Thanks magesolutions, SiteGround is very good choice for me.

Thanks newyorkz, you are welcome.

Magento Community
Magento Community

laikalopil

Total Posts:  11

magesolutions - 22 April 2013 07:24 PM

Good for you since you didn’t make any wrong choice smile. Anyway, a good magento host can be found by these steps:

It doesn’t make sense if a hosting you buy can’t run magento so that you need to make sure the hosting provider have configured their host work best for magento. It is not like wordpress, joomla, drupal… what very easy to run on any host. With magento if you don’t choose the right provider it will not work at all.

So as far as the hosting provider say they have magento hosting package then it should be fine.

2. Security

The most important of ecommerce is security. You need to figure out the hosting have good security or not. At least they have backup functionaltiy, alert and support SSL easy.

3. Location & speed

The last and the important is the speed of your site. It usually belong to location but it belong to the server hardware resource also. Server are not allowed to have too many hosts on server to keep share memory, CPU work well.

The speed will help you sales better and your customers more happy so that you should choose a provider have location near you. If the provider have many locations then it should be better to your business since your business usually need to be flexible.

Do the hosting have magento support? how many minutes in average response time? How many years they start the job in hosting industry?

My team experience so we are usually choose SiteGround Magento Host for our magento because they meet very well the requirements above and they have server in Euro, US, ASIA. It ‘s nice provider.

Hope it help.

Basically, I got your choice for my 2 sites with one in US and one in Europe. The performance is really good. I just wondering that they talked about supercacher, how can I use it? Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

magesolutions

Hi laikalopil, you can try to request ticket, I believe they will answer you quickly.

Magento Community
Magento Community

vuvanway

Total Posts:  9

magesolutions - 22 April 2013 07:24 PM

2. Security

3. Location & speed

Hope it help.

Thanks for your very detail reply my question, magesolutions. It ‘s really a good choice for my site. Thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community

samjercy

Total Posts:  10

Thanks for giving very useful information smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

cristinaclark

You got a lot of good information about magento hosting, magesolutions. Thanks for good article.

Magento Community
Magento Community

devrunner

Total Posts:  8

jaredovi - 21 May 2013 06:17 PM

It ‘s really useful, magesolutions. Do they include for us SSL installation in the package?

I got a site work with them. They include a free domain but not include free SSL. You have to buy it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

laikaspot

Total Posts:  30

It ‘s really useful, magesolutions. Do they include for us SSL installation in the package?

You can use http://cheapssls.com/ , it ‘s cheap but good enough.

Magento Community
Magento Community

andrewdaily

Total Posts:  28

laikaspot - 24 May 2013 09:41 PM

You can use http://cheapssls.com/ , it ‘s cheap but good enough.

Which SSL package is good enough for magento site, man?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sindre|ProperHost
Mentor

Total Posts:  1158

Any SSL certificate will be okay, really, but you might need to consider if you want to invest in a Extended Validation (EV) certificate to trigger the “green bar” in the browser. The price differences mainly reflects the brand recognition. If you just need a cheap SSL certificate, we recommend RapidSSL for $49/year.

Magento Community
Magento Community

magesolutions

Sindre|ProperHost - 29 May 2013 04:00 AM

Any SSL certificate will be okay, really, but you might need to consider if you want to invest in a Extended Validation (EV) certificate to trigger the “green bar” in the browser. The price differences mainly reflects the brand recognition. If you just need a cheap SSL certificate, we recommend RapidSSL for $49/year.

I would say roughly ~$15 instead of $49/year. I see somewhere have price $10/year for repidssl, I don’t know why it ‘s too different price like that.

Magento Community
Magento Community

cristinaclark

Yes, $10/year for rapid SSL

Magento Community
Magento Community

samjercy

Total Posts:  10

Magento is a very good but heavy e-commerce solution. It does not mean we can’t get it work very fast. If you invest to the right hosting for magento, you will get a good magento host and it will work fast as others.

Do the search to realize how is good magento host
Server resource and configuration for a good magento host
Security must be best in a good magento host
Location & speed
Support time & Magento support

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2