Magento Forum

[Solved] Where Are The Defualt Transactional Emails? 

xiaokai

Total Posts:  23

I only have one Transactional Email (Send product to a friend)
There Are No Other
I tried to install Magento again and its the same just one Transactional Email template

Any1 know how to get them?

Solution

kara - 12 March 2009 04:30 AM

This is one of the less intuitive admin pages. 

Once you’re on ADMIN> System> Transactional emails, if you click on the “Add new template” button in the upper right, you’ll go to an editing page.  On that page in the Template drop down (first one on top), you should see the entire set of available default templates.  Select one and click the “Load template” button. It’ll load into the editing panel beneath where you can edit it.  When you create a new template this way, you also have to remember to hunt around the Admin panel for where to tell Magento to use your new template instead of the default.

Alternatively, you can edit the default templates directly too.  They’re in app/locale/en_US/template/email. But you risk losing them when you upgrade, so be sure to back them up.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

DnD Thomas

Total Posts:  27

hey !
normally you will find the email template in admin->system->email

Magento Community
Magento Community

xiaokai

Yes i know but when i look in there, there is only one
See Attachment

I have tried to install Magento again and theres still only one

If you can can u post the code of all the ones u have

Thanx

Image Attachments
TeMail.jpg

Magento Community
Magento Community

Kara Heinrichs
Guru

Total Posts:  482
aa, mi, us

This is one of the less intuitive admin pages. 

Once you’re on ADMIN> System> Transactional emails, if you click on the “Add new template” button in the upper right, you’ll go to an editing page.  On that page in the Template drop down (first one on top), you should see the entire set of available default templates.  Select one and click the “Load template” button. It’ll load into the editing panel beneath where you can edit it.  When you create a new template this way, you also have to remember to hunt around the Admin panel for where to tell Magento to use your new template instead of the default.

Alternatively, you can edit the default templates directly too.  They’re in app/locale/en_US/template/email. But you risk losing them when you upgrade, so be sure to back them up.

Magento Community
Magento Community

xiaokai

Wow Thank YOU Sooo Much

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community