Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

EZ populate/Import CSV etc

Dave_Robilliard

Total Posts:  4

Hi there,

How do I go about importing a CSV or uploading a file full of products, I have loads to put on th store but without a quick way to do it I won’t be able to distribute this to clients. does anyone have any thoughts?

thanks in advance.

-Cheers

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

brendanb
Mentor

Total Posts:  1093
London, United Kingdom

hi,
there are plenty of examples in the forums.
you could look under the dataflow forum.
There is one on-going thread about imports and what has been successfull. There are some min fields required, but not many..

Im uploading new products every week with few issues. There are some gotchas with regards to importing multiple images per product. some slight code changes to deal with this,,,

You also need to consider all you attributes first b4 running the imports otherwise you be going back and forth updating products.

give me a shout if you need some help

brendan

Magento Community
Magento Community

Dave_Robilliard

Total Posts:  4

Thanks for that, really helpful, I’m glad this isn’t one of those forums where no one helps anyone. Thanks, I’ll take a look in the dataflow forum.

-Dave

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community