Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Simpler Checkout

renulren

Total Posts:  19

Hi, I would like to deal with some issues that checkout has and which I think that it turns customers away frow our webshop.

I searched the forum but could not find any concrete information that could help me.

First of all I’d like to skip the 4 and 5 (payment and delivery method) steps of the checkout process because our shop has only one payment method which is cash on delivery by a single shipping company so the last two steps are pretty much redundant.
Also I’d like to change the AJAX into static…

Is there core code i must change? or just .phtml files?
Any tips?

Thanks anyone wink

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

brendanb
Mentor

Total Posts:  1093
London, United Kingdom

hey,

check out the xml files in the layout folder.
I think its checkout.xml?

Sorry not in front of my main pc.

Magento Community
Magento Community

renulren

I tried it and commented the blocks containing the unnecessary fileds but the checkout blocks after the shipping and billing info.
However I am still investigating on swithching from AJAX to static.

Magento Community
Magento Community

renulren

I found the OnePageCheckout controller but i don’t know how to modify it to skip the payment&shipping;methods.
Anyone familiar with that?

Magento Community
Magento Community

renulren

I also found that in the Onepage checkout block ar initialised the steps so by commenting like this on line 44

$stepCodes = array(’billing’, ‘shipping’, /* ‘shipping_method’, ‘payment’, */ ‘review’);

I can also skip those steps but the checkout process still gets halted this way just as by removing the xmls.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community