Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Layered navigation - wrong option

Ree

Total Posts:  30

Hello,

I’m having a problem with layered navigation for configurable products. Say, I have dropdown attribute “ATTR” with options “VAL1”, “VAL2” and “VAL3”. I created two simple products with “ATTR” values “VAL2” and “VAL2” respectively. Then I created a configurable product with “ATTR” as a configuration option. I associated the two simple products with this new configurable product. I also disabled the two simple products so that they don’t appear in the product list. Now in the layered navigation I get ALL THREE options ("VAL1", “VAL2” and “VAL3") with my configurable product under each of them. However, this is wrong. The option “VAL1” should not appear in the layered navigation, since it is not possible to select this option for the configurable product. Is this a bug in Magento or should I do something else in addition to correct this issue? Anyone else having this problem?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community