Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How do I add the shipping estimator block to a CMS Page

danshields

Total Posts:  32

I tried adding the block for the shipping estimator to a cms page by doing the following

{{block type="checkout/cart_shipping" template="checkout/cart/shipping.phtmll"}}

but I get this error. The weird thing is that I am not using the default template either. This question has been asked several times but there hasn’t yet been anyone that has an answer. Figured I would give it another shot.

Warning: include(/app/design/frontend/default/default/template/checkout/cart/shipping.phtmll) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php on line 144
Trace:
#0 /app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(144): mageCoreErrorHandler(2, ‘include(/var/ww...’, ‘/a...’, 144, Array)
#1 /app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(144): Mage_Core_Block_Template::fetchView()
#2 /app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(176): Mage_Core_Block_Template->fetchView(’frontend/defaul...’)
#3 /app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(193): Mage_Core_Block_Template->renderView()
#4 /app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(643): Mage_Core_Block_Template->_toHtml()
#5 e/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Email/Template/Filter.php(74): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
#6 [internal function]: Mage_Core_Model_Email_Template_Filter->blockDirective(Array)
#7 /lib/Varien/Filter/Template.php(128): call_user_func(Array, Array)
#8 /app/code/core/Mage/Cms/Block/Page.php(80): Varien_Filter_Template->filter(’

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

danshields

bumping this up, anyone have any ideas?

Magento Community
Magento Community

brendanb
Mentor

Total Posts:  1093
London, United Kingdom

hi,

ive also tried this and have got it to work.
The issue is its pretty pointless.
You need to have product in your cart to get it to work. Otherwise you will just get a page telling you that your cart is empty.

Magento Community
Magento Community

danshields

Thanks Brendan. I understand that you need something in your cart but I’m getting an error

Magento Community
Magento Community

brendanb
Mentor

Total Posts:  1093
London, United Kingdom

ok couple of things.

firstly my example sets up the shipping estimator in a sidebar/box

1. in catalog.xml add the folloing code to either your <reference name="right"> or <reference name="left">

<block type="checkout/cart_shipping" name="checkout.onepage" template="shipping/sidebar.phtml"/>

2. then i created a sidebar.phtml file in the shipping folder which contained the following code. see attached file for code

its not exactly what ur after, but it might help you out getting yours to work

brendan

File Attachments
sidebar.phtml  (File Size: 8KB - Downloads: 100)

Magento Community
Magento Community

danshields

Sweet thanks, I will give it a shot and let you know how it goes.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community