Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Display Attributes on Product Page and Filter by

Mohammad Amine

Total Posts:  1

[size=3]Hello Guys,

i\\\’m new to magento, i bought a magento theme and want to tweak few things according to my proper needs.

1- i have created new attributes and set values, and then i moved to 1 product and set that attribute value to see in product page, but when i go to product page, i don\\\’t see anything.

2- in category page i get a Filter by on the left side which gives me to filter only by category, but i want to filter by (Price, size, color ... all attributes i want), can u plz tell me how to do so ?

http://www.majdoubshop.com

Thank you very much smile

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

magebay

Total Posts:  122
Thai Nguyen

You must enable Show frontend option and Filter option when you create new attribute.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Indies Inc

Total Posts:  193

Hi,
Toolbar option is the attribute of the product for the default Magento. This attributes list is available into the admin interface at the following location.

Catalog->Attribute->Manage Attribute.

Search the attribute that you want to display into toolbar, click on it, see the last two options that provide setting to display any attribute into toolbar filter.
Here you can create your own attribute and put it into that toolbar.
Custom attributes are not automatically added to product detail page, You have to do coding for that.
Hope this will help you.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community