Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Special Price changes do not take affect

lbwd

Total Posts:  28

When entering my Special Price under “Pricing,” the changes do not take affect.  I’ve tried refreshing the cache and everything.  Global, Website, etc.  I go to the site and the special price does not show, just the regular price shows and it’s very aggravating.  Any ideas?

For a while I tried removing the TO, FROM date and one field would stay emptied.  I deleted the product and re-added it.

Thank you.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

jballotti
Guru

Total Posts:  339
Chicago area

lbwd - 11 March 2009 01:42 PM

When entering my Special Price under “Pricing,” the changes do not take affect.  I’ve tried refreshing the cache and everything.  Global, Website, etc.  I go to the site and the special price does not show, just the regular price shows and it’s very aggravating.  Any ideas?

For a while I tried removing the TO, FROM date and one field would stay emptied.  I deleted the product and re-added it.

Thank you.

That sounds exactly like the problem I’m experiencing (see http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/34781/
What version of Magento are you experiencing this problem on?

Magento Community
Magento Community

lbwd

Ver. 1.2.1.1

What about you?

Magento Community
Magento Community

jballotti
Guru

Chicago area

lbwd - 11 March 2009 02:30 PM

Ver. 1.2.1.1

What about you?

1.2.1.2 on a fresh install on a local XAMPP test server. Did you read my post? Since you seem to be having the same problem, I think I’ll report this as a bug.
cool smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

lbwd

Yes, I read your post.  Reporting it sounds like a plan.  My client goes on national TV very soon so I’ll probably have to dump Magento and go with another platform.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jballotti
Guru

Chicago area

lbwd - 11 March 2009 03:16 PM

Yes, I read your post.  Reporting it sounds like a plan.  My client goes on national TV very soon so I’ll probably have to dump Magento and go with another platform.

Have you tried creating a Catalog price rule to create the special price that you want?

Magento Community
Magento Community

jballotti
Guru

Chicago area

Check out this thread, they seem to have a fix for this issue. http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/31555/
cool smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

lbwd

Thanks.  I hate to say it, and never thought I would, but it turns out Magento is crap after all.  My version does not submit payments through Authorize.net so we’ve lost cash there.  There’s just all kinds of little bugs that piss the hell out of me.  I’m going to look for a better, more developed platform.

All the best to you.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jballotti
Guru

Chicago area

lbwd - 12 March 2009 10:13 AM

Thanks.  I hate to say it, and never thought I would, but it turns out Magento is crap after all.  My version does not submit payments through Authorize.net so we’ve lost cash there.  There’s just all kinds of little bugs that piss the hell out of me.  I’m going to look for a better, more developed platform.

All the best to you.

I can’t agree with you and I’ve spent months evaluating other open source platforms (see http://ecommerce.ipicdg.com
Perhaps you’d be happier with a commercial product.

Magento Community
Magento Community

lbwd

Definitely going commercial (I can’t risk this stuff with eCommerce).  If you happen to know of one which supports recurring billing on products, feel free to post a link or PM me.  I am looking at Business Catalyst and one by Interspire (Interspire’s does not have recurring billing).

Magento may be one of the best open source shopping carts available.  I hated Zen and haven’t tried OS Commerce, nor do I plan to.  Thanks again.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community