Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Product description never used with Default attribute set

Magnus Wester

Total Posts:  42
Stockholm, Sweden

I don’t understand how to make the “Product Description” appear on the product page. I have added a complete description to my product in the database, but it doesn’t appear on the product page using the Default attribute set.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

RoyRubin
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  968
Los Angeles, CA

Make sure the description has been entered in the store you are viewing on the frontend

Magento Community
Magento Community

Magnus Wester

Total Posts:  42
Stockholm, Sweden

The product is mapped to a category in the store that I’m viewing in the front-end. I can see all other information for the product except the Product Description.

http://movingboxesforall.com/magento/catalog/product/view/s/bedroom-kit/id/137/category/33/

Magento Community
Magento Community

JesperDK

Total Posts:  87
Denmark

I think the problem is the difference between “Description” and “Short Description” when creating a product?

As far as I can tell, only the short description is actually shown on the front-end, so I guess the question is, where the “Description” is used then?

Cheers,

- Jesper

Magento Community
Magento Community

YoavKutner
Guru

Total Posts:  491

Magnus - When editing the product what store is selected in the upper left select?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community