Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How to process credit cards manually. 

Minz

Total Posts:  18

Hello there cool people..

I have a retail credit card terminal. I dont want another credit card account for my website. (i’m using paypal pro currently -xpensive)

Can Magento acts as normal ecommerce website until checkout process but not really charging customer on their credit cards? Instead, store the customer’s info and alert me of new order. That way, i can manually ‘key’ the credit card on my retail cc terminal

Thank you!
Minz

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

ShopMagCart

Total Posts:  70

You’re going to have to become PCI compliant in order to store credit card information on your website.  Most small e-commerce stores don’t want to take on this added liability. 

Also, make sure you look at your current merchant account (credit card terminal provider) to make sure you are still protected from charge backs.  They might be assuming you have been swiping cards through their reader, but in reality, typing them in.

Magento Community
Magento Community

fegizii

Total Posts:  160

This is an intersting topic.

Mage has an offline credit card module built in but apparently it can only be used in a PCI compliant hosting environment.

Read here http://www.magentocommerce.com/company/pci-compliance

Magento Community
Magento Community

Discovery
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  767

Correct answers - the Magento community takes PCI seriously!

Practically speaking the orders can be taken with CC details, you can lock down your server, make it secure and use https. You can also delete the CC’s from Magento when an order is received. In that way, should there be a security problem you will not be losing any more than a handful of CC details.

Read the PCI compliance, also check what the deal is for your country, not everywhere is PCI being enforced yet.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community