Magento Forum

Multi-stores : Is it possible to have more than 200 or 500 stores on 1 single Magento installation ? 

Myrad

Total Posts:  1

Hi,

I have an e-commerce project which implies the creation of several hundreds of online shops, gradually and most flexibly possible.

I have several questions with regard to this project :

1/ First of all, Magento seems to you to be the adapted tool for such a project ?

2/ Can a single installation of Magento allow the creation of a number so important of shops?
What is the maximum number for a single installation ?

3/ What technical resources will be necessary so that these hundreds of shops can work correctly, supposing that each will not exceed 1000 visits / day? (I heard that Magento was greedy in resources, and I have no solid knowledge in hosting)

Thanks for all, and don’t hesitate to ask me more informations if you need it to help me....

Myrad

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Discovery
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  767

Yes.

Your best idea is to install a demo store then add a new shop front with the theme as needed for the new shop front. Then decide whether you want to do hundreds of them. I assume each store shares the same products? I assume the URL’s are going to be apache virtual hosts?

Magento is a resource hog. You can distribute the project on different servers, with one MySQL database running on a seperate quad-xeon server to your farm of httpd servers. The images can also come from a varnish front end to the server(s) and be processed by a different host.

Do some tests of your own on how easy it is to add new shop fronts.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community