I would like to work with bar codes for my store in this way :
1 - Printing all the new (unprinted) orders invoices for preparation of the day
2 - Preparing the products
3 - Flashing (Bar Code Reader) the invoice to get the order on screen
4 - Flashing (Bar Code Reader) each prepared product (that will validate each product line on the order list, and prevent any error)
5 - When the last product has been flashed, the preparation assistant proposes to flash the Bar Code from the shipping label, to get the tracking number
6 - It proposes to confirm, by flashing again any bar code. It validates by itself the selected status in configuration
About the configutation of this assistant :
- Select the status that the assistant will validate (pending, complete / shipped)
- Select simple mode, or product verification mode (see below)
- Entering or not the tracking number (maybe some people doesn’t need to flash it)
I propose two modes for this assistant :
- Product verification mode : as I described above, flashing each product to validate on the order list
- Simple mode : no product verification. Only : 1-Printing the invoices, 3-Flashing the invoice number, 5-Asking (if choosen) for the tracking number, 6-Confirm
The main idea is not to use mouse or keyboard when validating all the orders of the day, to save time.
What it means :
- Possibility to add a bar code number on each product
- Printable bar code (ex : code 128) next to invoice number. Maybe optional in configuration.
- Step 1 : Possibility to choose the invoices to print : by ticking one per one, or selected all yet unprinted invoices, and then batch printing.
- Steps 3, 4, 5 : Possibility to rectify when flashing (wrong invoice number, wrong tracking number for example)
Thank you for all, and I hope you could do that