Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Multistore : Assign a user or a role to only one store

deudtens

Total Posts:  2

Hi, before all, you have to know that english is not my native language. So, sorry for the mistakes I would make, and sorry if ever this question has already been discussed many times but my lack of vocabulary makes my researches harder !

What I wanna do : assigning one specific store to a user or a role, so that person can only see his store and not the other ones I created.

I read this on the website :

OK. So Magento doesn’t offer, out of the box, any support for segregating the admin panel into a specific store view, so you cannot control which user has permission to which store, website, etc. This was done by design for version one, and it’s definitely something that can be customized with some work if anyone chooses to do that immediately. But we are looking into adding this somewhere down the road in the future. And just look at our road map and see if this feature comes up, and probably more information on when it can be released.

Then, I have 2 questions :

1- Is there a plugin which can do that ?
2- I could do it myself. BUT : is the structure of the database already adapted to the eventuality of this feature or do I have to modify it too ? actually, I want to know if I can handle making this all alone.

Thanks in advance !

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Cawe

Total Posts:  109

There is a fix for it already?

Magento Community
Magento Community

gopikumar

Total Posts:  4

did you find out the fix. tell me how you did that

Magento Community
Magento Community

Novusweb

Total Posts:  89
Texas

I’ve not tried it, but http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/AITOC,+Inc./extension/1844/advanced-permissions indicates that can handle what you’re wanting to do.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

Total Posts:  3988

Hello!

You can also check out this extension http://amasty.com/magento-advanced-permissions.html that helps create different user roles and assign them to store-views, categories or particular products.

Super-admin can allow the actions by store-view and website:

- Edit products and categories
- Manage orders and configuration
- Manage customers for selected store-view or website

You can find out more at http://amasty.com/magento-advanced-permissions.html

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community