Magento Forum

Create Products with an attribute that has many options and prices

kimwood03

Total Posts:  1

I have about 6-10 products that will have two attributes for a customer to choose options for:  Qty (Box of 6 or Box of 12) and Size.  I have read tutorials about a configurable product but my dilemma is that for the size attribute...I have about 80+ sizes and each size comes in two box quantities and all combinations of Qty and Size will have a separate price.  On the front-end this would be a product page with one description and picture and a drop-down box to choose the box size and a drop-down to choose from the 80 sizes all with the corresponding price.  Example:

Product A

Box of 6 - 10 x 10 x 1 = 0.00
Box of 12 - 10 x 10 x 1 = 0.01

Box of 6 - 10 x 12 x 1 = 1.00
Box of 12 - 10 x 12 x 1 = 1.01

Repeat 80 times!!!  This seems like a lot of combinations and a lot of time.  My questions are: Is this possible and what would be the most simple way to achieve this?

Another situation I will have is a product that comes in singles meaning the traditional Qty box where the customer enters how many they want will be fine; but I still have about 40 sizes.  I could probably get away with keeping all 40 sizes the same price.  Would I treat these two scenarios the same as far as set-up?  Would I need two separate attributes to split the 40 sizes from the original 80 sizes?

Thanks in advance for your time!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community