Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How do I set discount rules? 

chrisyipper

Total Posts:  3

I am relatively new to Magento and have two discount scenarios that I haven’t been able to figure out how to set and would be grateful for any help:

1) percentage discount applied to all categories except 1 excluded category. Works if there are just products from included categories in the basket (discount applies) and works if there’s only products from excluded category (discount does not apply). However, when there’s a mix of products from included and excluded in the basket, the discount applied to all products (should only apply to products from included categories and not the ones from the excluded one). Any ideas how to set the appropriate conditions or is this even feasible?

2) fixed amount discount for when the cart total is above a certain amount (i.e. $100 discount if basket total equals or is greater than $1,000). I have tried setting ‘Price in Cart’ and ‘Raw Total in Cart’ rules under ‘Conditions’ tab and it would apply to only products that are individually over $1,000 (i.e. if there were products that are less than $1,000 but add up to over $1,000, it does not work, but if there’s one single product over $1,000, then it works). Then, I have tried setting the condition under ‘Actions’ but the $100 discount applies to each product individually (i.e. $100 off each product in basket). How do I simply get a $100 discount if total adds to over $1,000?

Thanks!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Anshu Mishra

Total Posts:  101
India

1) percentage discount applied to all categories except 1 excluded category. Works if there are just products from included categories in the basket (discount applies) and works if there’s only products from excluded category (discount does not apply). However, when there’s a mix of products from included and excluded in the basket, the discount applied to all products (should only apply to products from included categories and not the ones from the excluded one). Any ideas how to set the appropriate conditions or is this even feasible?
For this what you can do is apply discount to all those products which comes under the categories for which you want to give discount.
Say for your store you have three categories(A(Category Id : 10), B(Category Id : 20), C(Category Id : 30)) and you want to give discount to say A and B only

Go to Promotions->Catalog Price Rules->Add New Rule
Fill Out the necessary info for fields in Rule Information Tab.
Condition : If ALL of these conditions are TRUE : Category is 10, 20
Action : Apply -> By Percentage of the Original Price
Discount Amount -> 10 (10% discount to all those product which comes under category A and B).
Save and Apply Rule

2) fixed amount discount for when the cart total is above a certain amount (i.e. $100 discount if basket total equals or is greater than $1,000). I have tried setting ‘Price in Cart’ and ‘Raw Total in Cart’ rules under ‘Conditions’ tab and it would apply to only products that are individually over $1,000 (i.e. if there were products that are less than $1,000 but add up to over $1,000, it does not work, but if there’s one single product over $1,000, then it works). Then, I have tried setting the condition under ‘Actions’ but the $100 discount applies to each product individually (i.e. $100 off each product in basket). How do I simply get a $100 discount if total adds to over $1,000?

Go through the below link, this will help out to find solution to your problem
https://github.com/magentix/Fee
Make the changes in code according to your need, like instead of adding fee to total, subtract the fee and check your condition
which could be something like below

$quote Mage::getModel('checkout/session')->getQuote();
$subTotalWithDiscount $quote['subtotal_with_discount'];
if(
$subTotalWithDiscount >= self::MINIMUM_TOTAL{

return TRUE;
}
return False;

Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

Total Posts:  3988

Hello,

please have a look at this extension http://amasty.com/special-promotions.html. It helps create different discount rules, including:

- Buy 2 T-shirts and get 3rd with $30 off
- Buy pants and get a belt $15 off
- Buy a coat and get a hat with the 30% discount
- Add a pair of jeans to the cart and choose any belt you like just for the fixed price of 25$
- Buy 2 shirts and get any tie for just $10

Magento Community
Magento Community

christinavick
Guru

Total Posts:  355

Hello,

You also have a look this thread for help http://www.magentocommerce.com/knowledge-base/entry/what-are-catalog-price-rules-and-how-do-i-use-them

iLoveMage

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community