Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Can Magento perform an HTTP Post? 

prodigy7

Total Posts:  15

I need to be able to send sms to clients when they order products, status of shipping etc. I presume I cna do this and if it can please can someone shed some light on this topic for me?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

travelingwilly

Total Posts:  85

Did You find a way to do this???

Magento Community
Magento Community

Incognito
Guru

Total Posts:  322
Michigan

i think you need an sms gateway for that.

Magento Community
Magento Community

J_T_
Mentor

Total Posts:  1961
London-ish, UK

Any web server can do a HTTP POST. With Curl, it’s dead simple. So if the SMS gateway requires that, then yes, Magento, or better, any server that can run Magento, can do that.

Magento Community
Magento Community

travelingwilly

Total Posts:  85

If you can set the customer up with a Mobile number and a provider . You should be able to do it… Ibelive they all have a Email amdress. Just need to send only 140 char
Verizon is 88888888@vtext.com
Att is 88888888@text.att.net

But someone needs to add to Customer and the Emails that are sent needs a secound one with just basic information.. ie Order XXXXX Being sent. or Vendor Order XXXXX placed for $34.99 3 items etc

I just think someone had already built it
W

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community